Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from Utah

Old 07-18-2019, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Utah

Howdy!

New to Utah and had been riding on 35 km2s when living back east. But now that I'm living in Utah it's time to upgrade my axles. I have a 2012 jku sport auto. To be brief should I chop salvage axles to length or keep them full size? I want to run 37s.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Welcome! If you run 37's... you can get a slightly better offset wheel and cut axles to stock width. If you think you might got to 40's or larger some day... even if it looks like a roller skate now... it's a lot harder to make them wider than it is to cut them down. Many of us run the rear 44 with 37 inch tires... stock axle and width, but get a 44 for the front... knowing its a sport... a 35 won't last long with 37's in the front. There is a lot of fabricating to get salvage axles set to the JK... but if that is the route you are going, I would just go back to the first question... are you sure you are not going to go to 38's or 40's? The extra width might help if you go much larger.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome to our group from South Texas!

Quick Reply: Hello from Utah