Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2015 JK No Lift Vibration under load

Old 03-01-2024, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 JK No Lift Vibration under load

Had my oil cooler replaced at dealer and on way home it felt like I was driving on rumble strips. I do not have any lift it is totally stock. Automatic. Seems most noticeable when under load especially going up hill about 20-25 mph. Dealer said it was just running rough from fuel injection cleaner they used and it would clear up. Definitely not that.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 370 Likes on 346 Posts

Welcome to the forum. suggest go back to the dealership and take the service mgr and/or tech for a demonstration ride. Any codes or CEL? BTW.. mileage on your ride; don't overlook spark plugs and coils.
The following users liked this post:
Sixty4x4 (03-02-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 04:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,622 Posts

The crock of shit that a dealer service person is capable of throwing out there.......fuel injector cleaner they put in. . Pretty hard to imagine what they could have done during the process of that job. Really only removing the intake. I don't THINK the book requires removal of the fuel rails but I'm not sure. I did the job while leaving the rails in place so I can't imagine the dealerships doing more work than what would be required. Curious what this turns out to be.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

I'm with Jay because the classic case of power induced missing/rough running in the old point and coils days was ignition related issues. They still run the same now and endure the same issues but are using the high tech equipment for more precise control.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
I'm with Jay because the classic case of power induced missing/rough running in the old point and coils days was ignition related issues. They still run the same now and endure the same issues but are using the high tech equipment for more precise control.
?????? Not sure what this is telling me?
Old 03-04-2024, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

There are no codes indicated. When I got it home the first time I saw there was still some oil dripping underneath and I suspected that they did not get it cleaned up good since they were rushing to get it done at the end of the day even though it had been there since opening in the morning. I got underneath to clean up the oil very good so I could tell if it was still leaking and I found a manifold gasket on top of the transmission bell. So now I was wondering was that an old gasket from when they removed the manifold or a new one that fell off during installation and could that be causing a vacuum leak and the vibration I am feeling. The gasket seemed if really good shape to be 9 yrs old. I notified the dealer and they had me bring it back in and that's when they told me that was the old gasket and that the roughness was from the cleaner they injected to clean the fuel injectors and it would go away. I am still feeling like that was a new seal I found and they did not want to admit it and do all that work again to replace it. Not sure if that would cause that rumble strip feeling or not. Almost feels like if I put new super mud tires on there and was really trying to figure out how what they did could relate to that but it was absolutely not like that before I took it in and has been that way from the time I left the dealer.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

When I got it home the first time I saw there was still some oil dripping underneath and I suspected that they did not get it cleaned up good since they were rushing to get it done at the end of the day even though it had been there since opening in the morning. I got underneath to clean up the oil very good so I could tell if it was still leaking and I found a manifold gasket on top of the transmission bell. So now I was wondering was that an old gasket from when they removed the manifold or a new one that fell off during installation and could that be causing a vacuum leak and the vibration I am feeling. The gasket seemed if really good shape to be 9 yrs old. I notified the dealer and they had me bring it back in and that's when they told me that was the old gasket and that the roughness was from the cleaner they injected to clean the fuel injectors and it would go away. I am still feeling like that was a new seal I found and they did not want to admit it and do all that work again to replace it. Not sure if that would cause that rumble strip feeling or not. Almost feels like if I put new super mud tires on there and was really trying to figure out how what they did could relate to that but it was absolutely not like that before I took it in and has been that way from the time I left the dealer.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Been back twice for it, they claim that 4 people looked at it and test drove it and can’t feel the vibration. They are trying to tell me it’s my tires. They can’t feel it is a crock it is really bad even my wife commented from the passenger seat. The last time they had it for almost a week. Drove smooth as silk when I dropped it off now feels like I am constantly driving on rumble strips.

Quick Reply: 2015 JK No Lift Vibration under load