Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

PO killed the radio star

Old 05-01-2024, 03:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO killed the radio star

So when i got my jeep, the radio didnt work. I ordered my usual Pioneer equipment (dont ask, i just like Pioneer). Upon opening up the dash and pulling the old radio, I am presented with this:

PO has cut out the factory connector and this harness was just shoved in all haphazard, with the factory connector still attached. I know I should go ahead and get another replacement connector, but in the meantime, I want to have some music, too. Ive looked over the wiring diagrams, but I'm a little lost at which of these wires coming from the "factory harness" is the Acc switch wire. on some diagrams it shows the white and the orange/white as being both positives carrying a current from Acc, others show something different. Can anyone provide a definitive diagram for a 2008 X? I tried wiring up using the diagrams i found and the Pioneer manual, but the unit didnt seem to be getting power at all. Advice?

UPDATE
I was able to match up the colors on both sides of the connector and spliced what i needed to. the main issue i have now is that i can't figure out how to get it to come on when the ignition switch is moved to the acc position. as it is, i had to connect the battery wire to the unit's acc wire. i've read that the white/orange and the white/gray wire in the factory harness come from either the TIPM or the switch (cant remember which), but that one is + and one is -. if that is the case, would i connect the positive side and just ground the negative? i also have a wire on the unit to connect to a parking brake sensor as well as a reverse sensor wire. where would i tie in to get these features working?

Last edited by R3v3n4n7; 05-01-2024 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 362 Likes on 338 Posts

Wow.. what a f'd up mess.. Appreciate your patience and diligence. I have read of companies that offer diagrams .. Not sure if All Data does have wiring diagrams. How good a friend are you with the Ser mgr at your dealership. They can access wiring diagrams on PCs. but you would have to be beside the tech looking at the diagrams.

Quick Reply: PO killed the radio star