Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front skid plate

Old 05-02-2024, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front skid plate

I have a 2013 Rubicon JKU with a first generation DV8 FS-15 stubby bumper. I checked with DV8 and they don’t make a front skid plate that will work with their first gen FS-15. Does anyone have or know of a front skid plate that will work with the DV8 FS-15 bumper?
Old 05-04-2024, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Sometimes it just easier (and the same money) to get what you want fabbed up.

This is the complete skid plate system I had made up for my 2016 JK …

The following 2 users liked this post by Creepy Neville:
Jay2013jk (05-04-2024), RickLB (05-27-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 06:40 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Is there a reason you feel like you need a lower skid under that bumper? is it simply to cover up that dumb "crash bar"?
Old 05-26-2024, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Heya Resharp -

You are asking about the rear skid over the muffler ?

The idea of that was to avoid damage / help the truck slide over ground that I didn’t have a high enough departure angle to handle.

That being said, coincidentally, I am removing that piece shortly due to the fact I am installing the Evo / King Coilover kit and will be replacing & relocating the muffler to in front of the driver’s side rear tire .

I am also changing out my tires from the present 40” Maxxis Trepadors to 37” Cooper STT’s to allow for more wheel travel.

Neville
Old 05-26-2024, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by Creepy Neville
Heya Resharp -

You are asking about the rear skid over the muffler ?

The idea of that was to avoid damage / help the truck slide over ground that I didn’t have a high enough departure angle to handle.

That being said, coincidentally, I am removing that piece shortly due to the fact I am installing the Evo / King Coilover kit and will be replacing & relocating the muffler to in front of the driver’s side rear tire .

I am also changing out my tires from the present 40” Maxxis Trepadors to 37” Cooper STT’s to allow for more wheel travel.

Neville
sorry, no, I was referring to the OP looking for the lower skid for under the front bumper.....something that is more a cosmetic issue than a real functional piece IMO.

Quick Reply: Front skid plate