Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rapid turn signal flash - All New Bulbs NON LED

Old 05-25-2024, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rapid turn signal flash - All New Bulbs NON LED

Hi all, new to the forum with a 2007 2-door Wrangler. I've searched the posts and have found various articles, but not exactly what I am experiencing.

At random, the left or right turn signals will start to rapid flash as if it's a burned out bulb. Does it on both sides. Replaced all the bulbs just to be sure. No change. When it does do the rapid flash, the bulbs are blinking, just rapid.
Sometimes it will be just fine, next time rapid. It can even go rapid while normal blinking. But when in rapid mode, they are blinking just fast.

I did read no flasher relay on a JK. So what other than the turn signal stalk is in common I can check that would cause the rapid flash in both left and right?

BTW - All bulbs are incandescent, Not LED. Just good old-fashioned what it came with from the factory.

Thanks!
jim
Old 05-26-2024, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE - Got the handy dandy code reader software a forum member(s) mentioned.

Read these codes when its rapid flashing.
B163C and B1640 lamp control circuit high. Again, these are new bulbs and happens at random, but most of the time.

Quick Reply: Rapid turn signal flash - All New Bulbs NON LED