Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Shrockworks sliders or OR-FAB rocker protector w/bar
Shrockworks
69.44%
OR-FAB
30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Another painful decision to make

Old 10-13-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another painful decision to make

Ok so I have been looking at rock sliders for a little while now and I'm having a hard time making another decision as to what hardware to put on my JK.
My Criteria: good protection (bolt to frame & pinch seem), & a usable step.
My Two Choices: Shrockworks or OR-FAB Rocker protector w/ Bar

I know the Shockworks will take much longer and cost about $200 more.
So what to do?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Junkie

I have the Shrockworks. They take a BEATING everytime I wheel. Have not let me down at all. Been sitting on both sides with the entire truck, dragged them along from front to back, ZERO deflection. Couldn't be happier.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Jedi

shockworks are a nice setup.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

dont know if these are the only choices, but Ive heard the Smittybuilt and LOD make good ones that also bolt to the frame and can be used as a step. Dont have any personal experience with either, so I guess this isnt worth much, but just sharing what I have heard from some others. I do have experience with Or-Fab products and have been happy with them and good customer service too.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Ok so I have been looking at rock sliders for a little while now and I'm having a hard time making another decision as to what hardware to put on my JK.
My Criteria: good protection (bolt to frame & pinch seem), & a usable step.
My Two Choices: Shrockworks or OR-FAB Rocker protector w/ Bar

I know the Shockworks will take much longer and cost about $200 more.
So what to do?
you wont find many that bolt to the pinch seem and frame, I'm not sure you'll find one that does..

its either a body mount or a frame mount.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the shrockworks on the 2 dr, and will be ordering for my new 4 dr as soon as I have the cash to spare. I absolutely loved them and they are tough as hell.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I vote OR-FAB. Their quality is great and not extremely expensive. I will be getting their rails and side armor as well! Yates and kevin are 2 great guys the customer service is excellent
Old 10-13-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Not sure where you got your pricing info, but both OrFab and Shrockworks seem to be around the same price.

For example - for a 2 door the OrFab is listed $503.99, the 2 door Shrockworks powder coated is $484 or $489, depending on the type of powder coat.

Knowing that, I would still choose OrFab because they make awesome products. I have their front stubby. For my money, I went with PureJeep. Useable step, body mounted, extremely heavy duty and high quality.

. . . just to maybe throw a wrench in your plans a bit, check out this thread --> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/october-special-%2475-off-purejeep-jk-bumpers-rocker-guards-free-shipping-103869/
Old 10-13-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just had the new ones from Poison Spyder show up, have not had time to install yet but they are very beefy.

Chris
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ssunde1
dont know if these are the only choices, but Ive heard the Smittybuilt and LOD make good ones that also bolt to the frame and can be used as a step. Dont have any personal experience with either, so I guess this isnt worth much, but just sharing what I have heard from some others. I do have experience with Or-Fab products and have been happy with them and good customer service too.
I have the LoD they are awsome

Quick Reply: Another painful decision to make