Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Line-X Differential covers??

Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line-X Differential covers??

Should have a set of Riddler diff. covers in my hands by Monday (thanks to David at Northridge4X4) and am having my hardtop line-xed Tuesday. The owner of the shop will shoot my diff covers at the same time. Is there any reason not to do this??? Seems to me that the Line-X will hold up better than paint and any superficial repairs could be painted later. (?)
Old 10-16-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

can the line-x hold up to being hot all the time. i mean it dosent get that hot to where u need hi-temp paint but it mite make the line-x melt.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joes-jk
can the line-x hold up to being hot all the time. i mean it dosent get that hot to where u need hi-temp paint but it mite make the line-x melt.
errrrr good point, I'll ask.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think it shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking about doing the same thing. If u go through with it, definitely post some pics.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Problem. Well the Riddlers from Northridge (David really is a good guy to talk to) came in. The Riddlers have this cool skull trademark embossed on the front and my line-x guy says that he will cause it to disappear if he coats them sooooo I opted for powder coating. Not as tough but hey....it's a diff.

Quick Reply: Line-X Differential covers??