Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock links with 2" coil spacers

Old 10-17-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock links with 2" coil spacers

I called a sponsor this week to order longer rear swaybar links, because I have 2" coil spacers in the rear.

The guy told me: " You don't need longer swaybar links with 2" coil spacers"

Is it true? I don't want to waste my money, but also, I don't want to break something...
Old 10-17-2009, 06:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

in the rear, it isn't "necessary" but i personally would install a new longer ones as the shorter factory set will limit your flex a bit.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 2.5" TF BB kit came with longer ones for the rear and the stock rears were transplanted into the front which were a couple inches longer than the ones upfront they replaced. I would get them.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Junkie

The problem is that I still have my stock wheels (6.25" offset), and, if I go with longer links, the end of the link will rub to the rim at full flex

A manufacturer (that I can't tell the name) makes a drop rear swaybar bracket. It's look a good solution for me...

Last edited by Yoda; 10-17-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
The problem is that I still have my stock wheels (6.25" offset), and, if I go with longer links, the end of the link will rub to the rim at full flex
you'll be fine with the stock links or, if you really want to install new longer ones, you can install them on the inside of your mounts. or, if you can afford it, wheel spacers would be the better way to go.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
you'll be fine with the stock links or, if you really want to install new longer ones, you can install them on the inside of your mounts. or, if you can afford it, wheel spacers would be the better way to go.
Installing the rear links on the inside of the mounts? Looks like a good idea...

Il will try it with longer links. Any issue to install the links inside of the mounts?

Thanks Eddie

Last edited by Yoda; 10-17-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
Installing the rear links on the inside of the mounts? Looks like a good idea...

Il will try it with longer links. Any issue to install the links inside of the mounts?

Thanks Eddie
for the most part, no. in some cases, i have seen where the link ends were on the big side and this made it difficult to install on the axle end. aside from that, on extreme droop, i have seen where the links make contact with the control arm mount but it really wasn't that big of a deal.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by stickerboy111
Mine needed to be relocated down a bit to allow for more slack.
Yes I also did it

Quick Reply: Stock links with 2" coil spacers