Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD slider install ?

Old 10-18-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD slider install ?

Can someone tell me the size of the bolt on the front trans skid. I have a six speed and need to pick up two so I can install the LOD sliders.
Thanks
Old 10-18-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Jedi

I used regular 1/2 13 on mine. I also drilled 3 more holes each side. Used all grade 8 hardware.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default LoD Sliders...Rock

Originally Posted by hammerhead
Can someone tell me the size of the bolt on the front trans skid. I have a six speed and need to pick up two so I can install the LOD sliders.
Thanks
Do not remember the size of the bolt, sorry. But in the thread, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/installing-lod-rock-sliders-anybody-do-write-up-94892/, I have some links to wayoflife's and dadgummit's install instructions, that BTW I did not have when I did my install. I do not remember them 100%, but maybe they have the bolt size listed, if not just call LoD they have always been great when I called. Good luck, and don't forget to post up some pictures.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:32 AM
JK Newbie

The bolts already in the Jeep are 10mm by 40 or 50mm. The ones LoD gives you are 7/16. Both are fine thread I think 20 tpi in the 7/16 and 25 in the metric. They are close but not really interchangeable.

Pick up lots of large area washers as on my 6 speed if you just bolt them on they wont sit level or square to the body. I want to get mine on with washers spacing them out and then think about making plate steel spacers to fill the gaps. The rear mount is tight to the frame. The middle needs a little spacing, and the front needs quite a bit. On mine anyway.

CM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

F200 is correct they are 10mm fine thread.
I couldn't find any so I picked up 2 more 7/16-20, the same ones LOD sends.
I took the 7/16-20 tap that you need for the other holes and re tapped the two existing 10mm taped holes in the front. I also needed several washers between the front mount and these holes to level the sliders.

Originally Posted by F200
The bolts already in the Jeep are 10mm by 40 or 50mm. The ones LoD gives you are 7/16. Both are fine thread I think 20 tpi in the 7/16 and 25 in the metric. They are close but not really interchangeable.

Pick up lots of large area washers as on my 6 speed if you just bolt them on they wont sit level or square to the body. I want to get mine on with washers spacing them out and then think about making plate steel spacers to fill the gaps. The rear mount is tight to the frame. The middle needs a little spacing, and the front needs quite a bit. On mine anyway.

CM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hammerhead
F200 is correct they are 10mm fine thread.
I couldn't find any so I picked up 2 more 7/16-20, the same ones LOD sends.
I took the 7/16-20 tap that you need for the other holes and re tapped the two existing 10mm taped holes in the front. I also needed several washers between the front mount and these holes to level the sliders.
Now all we need are some finished product pictures
Old 10-25-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here you go.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Looks great!!

Quick Reply: LOD slider install ?