Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEM Cold Air Intake

Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Cold Air Intake

Well... I decided to put one of these on and see how it does.

INSTALL: The install is super easy. All you need is a screw driver and your hands to take off the stock intake. I did the complete job in about a half hour with nothing more that a couple of wrenches and a screw driver.

FIT: Overall I am happy with the fit. Ok, what I wasnt thrilled about is the top rubber edging, they supply 1 piece and say to cut it for the bend, I didnt think that looked to hot, so I decided to leave it one piece and bend it in the middle section. I went with the silver/gray powder coasted steel rather than the polished aluminum. The painted tube looks very much so at home in the engine compartment.

SOUND: Well as expected its very snorty' but you can control it by not stomping on the pedal. More power? absolutely! More pep, I like that. My JK is bone stock except for this new intake.

MY 2CENTS: I am pleased with it. If you have been thinking about it but not sure, do it your gonna like it.

I am a believer that performance parts compliment each other... with that being said. My exhaust system will be ordered in a week or two depending on how fast I can locate the extra funds...

Anyway... just thought I would post a few pics for the people that want to see it installed. I know many of you would never put this on your jeep (as stated in other threads) but mine is not going to see any trail condition that would make this mod an issue.

-Ray
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010230.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	31745   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010231.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	31746   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010232.jpg
Views:	85