Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need help please new to all of this

Old 10-21-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help please new to all of this

what do you thinkthis would this be a good kit i dot want a real big lift due to being a dailydriver http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_combo.html
Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket31689
what do you thinkthis would this be a good kit i dot want a real big lift due to being a dailydriver http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_combo.html
I am not a fan of a body lift, especially with a manual trans... But if you like it, it's a good kit for the price. My next lift will be an OME HD when I get back from deployment with some extra $$$$.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

My two cents would be to go with the Teraflex 2.5. Similar price and love the lift.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There are people running 37's on that lift arrangement. (when properly set up, of course)

But, take some time and read through the FAQ's at the top of this section. Lots of good info to help make the right decisions. (lift height vs tire height, tire width vs wheel backspace, suggested components for various lift heights, gearing opinions, etc...)

As far as 'that' particular lift goes, try the little search button in the upper right corner. Lots of RC threads lately, with some feedback you should read before you just make an impulse purchase. (ie. do some homework first)
Old 10-25-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
There are people running 37's on that lift arrangement. (when properly set up, of course)

But, take some time and read through the FAQ's at the top of this section. Lots of good info to help make the right decisions. (lift height vs tire height, tire width vs wheel backspace, suggested components for various lift heights, gearing opinions, etc...)

As far as 'that' particular lift goes, try the little search button in the upper right corner. Lots of RC threads lately, with some feedback you should read before you just make an impulse purchase. (ie. do some homework first)
This is great advice. The lift kit you select can have very big impact on JK:

1. The tire size you can fit
2. The road handling
3. The off road performance
4. Drive line problems
5. Alignment issues
Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default thanks for the help every one

thanks for ythe help

Quick Reply: need help please new to all of this