Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop 2-Piece Hardtop Got it Show it please

Old 10-21-2009, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop 2-Piece Hardtop Got it Show it please

My local auto body shop which i hired to do my Duplicolor Bed liner job to my hardtop was an absolute failure ! Not only did they do a crappy job on the paint job but they also dropped and F*%# up my hardtop, my Bestop hardtop dolly, and the Mopar t-top bag ! So after all this he has to now order a new hard top and I figure since the 2 tops almost cost the same I would love to get some feed back from my fellow jeepers as to what their experience is or was with this hardtop and any opinions as to what direction I should go. The factory top is about $2,300.00 and the Bestop is $2,139.00, I don't know if there is any shipping to go along with it but we will see. Plus iwas looking at the interior headliner, the capability if I wish to do the lights up top and the roof rack which I don't know how strong it may be.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well just to give an update to the forum as to my findings about the hardtop by Bestop is this "we do not produce nor have the rights to the oem hardtop so we manufacture our own which does not work with the factory rear defrost or with the rear wiper" I asked why and this is what I got from the tech, along with our hard top only has a rear defroster and no rear wiper. To me its case closed and I will not be buying a hardtop that now has to be rewired to my jk so I can have just rear defroster only. Yes I know about all the other added accessories that they sell for this top but to me I now have an additional wiring that has to be run and now a seperate button to be an eye sore on the hard top. To finish it all off how do you take the hard top off unless you undo the wire that needs to be run under the rollbar padding from the back to the front ? I guess I will stick to the oem thing.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

i can post from first hand exp. the bestop two piece is junk i bought one last year it did not fit the cockpit cover was 3" too long was heavy as hell and has junk fasteners that hold it down to the sport bars and even worse fasteners for the rear portion they have the worst customer service on earth no one could answer a question about the top at all even after several phone calls and e-mailing them pictures this was after 4WD forked my first top and broke off the rear window

Quick Reply: Bestop 2-Piece Hardtop Got it Show it please