Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: warn xd9000i or 9.5 ti
warn xd9000i
31.43%
warn 9.5ti
60.00%
none
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Help with winch decision.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with winch decision.

Torn between the warn xd9000i or the warn 9.5ti. What who you pick and why?

Last edited by maddygirl; 10-23-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:42 PM
JK Freak

What features are most important to you?
How often do you think you'll be using it?
What kind of elements would it be subject to (weather, under water use, mud, etc.), and to what degree and frequency?
Old 10-24-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

honestly for looks mostly.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's an honest answer. The 9.5ti is the prettier one of the two! But then again, the xd9000i is about 150 dollars cheaper pretty!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I thought I wouldn't use mine either I just got it for the just incase I like the xd9000i. My Sister and neighboors wife were the first to use it. I was over in Iraq at the time and they decided to pull a bush out of the front yard it worked so well they decided to pull up more crap out of my neighboors yard. then they got an idea to go around the neighboor hood with a cardborad sign that said stump removal or something like that. I don't know if they actually did that or not but I told them the winch was to help get others unstuck. My last trip home back in Aug-Sept. I used it to pull a friend out he decided to go through a narrow gap in his Cherokee and kinda got stuck a little. so I had him hook it up to his truck which he put it around his axle cause he had no mount points but I got him out with no additional damage just because you don't need it or think you may not need it is when you may use it to help someone else out.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Agree with the story above but I will never swamp MY rig to the point it needed to bewinched. My rig is a daily and I try to keep my stuff in perfect shape. I like to wheel but this includes mostly trial rides and hill climbing... I can only see myself using it to winch trees off the trail in my way or to aid the occaisional buddy in need. Both winches I mentioned will get the job done fine so it isnt really the performance Im after here. To me, I would bet they are damn equal there. Like everything I do to the Jeep, it needs to look great first with the potential to work great as well. I do believe the 9.5ti to be the best looker out there but the xd9000i isn't too shabby looking either and a few hundred cheaper. Both should resale great if I ever changed up things too. Just wondering if someone had any input on these I wasnt aware of.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Neither!
Warns cost big bucks, and if you don't think you'll use it much, there are lots of good winches that cost a lot less.
You can always just put a Warn sticker on it if you want people to think it's a Warn.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horwitzs
Neither!
Warns cost big bucks, and if you don't think you'll use it much, there are lots of good winches that cost a lot less.
You can always just put a Warn sticker on it if you want people to think it's a Warn.
That is the gayest thing ever.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If it's just for looks, take a pic of the one you like best, get it made into a laminated life size poster on a hunk of cardboard and mount it to your bumper.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Former Member

IMO, the 9.5TI is worth the extra money, because it is Faster, you can't overheat it, and it has a bit more capacity.

Don't get me wrong the 9000i is a great winch as well. Give me a call, I can help you out with your decision, and I have 10% off and free shipping going on right now.

Quick Reply: Help with winch decision.