Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

She's listing starboard

Old 10-26-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's listing starboard

After installing a TeraFlex rear axle adjustable trackbar mount on Friday I found my JK is riding higher on the drivers side. Measuring after the install the drivers side was 1/2 inch higher. I have the track bar in the upper most position on the bracket and the axle is centered on the vehicle. Half way down the trail on Sunday and after flex to the bumpstops I parked the vehicle on level ground and the passenger side front was about 2-3 inches lower then the drivers side. Way the list?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They ALL do it. You just haven't noticed it til now. The fuel tank is on the passenger side. Gas ain't light....although it can be lit. LMAO
Old 10-26-2009, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

2-3 inches.... thats quite the len I dont think that is caused by the gas. Did you torque your trackbar bolts with the full weight of the jeep on it?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I missed the 2-3 inches. Sorry. I was lookin with my bad eye.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea I torqued the bar under load.
Went to the TeraFlex axle mount because Rubicon Express frame drop would always hit the shocks.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

i would take out the track bar and then step back to see if it is causing the lift first... then go from there
Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which hole did you connect the trackbar to?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Which hole did you connect the trackbar to?

After eyeing the axle postion on the lift I put it in the upper most hole on the bracket. The distance from stock to the upper hole was about the same as the distance on the drop bracket it replaced and axle is centered. Seems like there is some problem with a "bind" of the front and rear track bars. I don't have any kind of high steer kit and am wondering if there is some abnormal suspension bind happening now. After driving back home the jeep is leaning about 3/4 inch.
Great track bar bracket TeraFlex, really flex the jeep out like never before yesterday and not contact in the rear.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john smack
i would take out the track bar and then step back to see if it is causing the lift first... then go from there
Good idea............ I'll get those measurement tonight.... get to spend some time in the garage.

Quick Reply: She's listing starboard