Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig rer

Old 08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig rer

Hi guys,
I just recently bought a used MYGIG w/ v 2.043 off of a JK member here got it installed and even went to the dealer and got my star-scan done to link between my u-connect and MYGIG. Anyhow, while I was in dealer getting my star-scan done, they changed my MYGIG version back to 9.XXX. (Not sure why??)
Everything is working well except, my navigation is not precise and my u-connect is acting up sometimes. Will the upgrade to 2.107 fix this problem??
I'm just worried that by doing the upgrade , if it will delete the link between my u-connect and MYGIG which means I have to go back to the dealer again.

Please let me know!!

Greg

PS Which GRACENOTE do I need to install if I want my MYGIG to read east asian languages? 2064??

Thanks!!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregyoon
Hi guys,
I just recently bought a used MYGIG w/ v 2.043 off of a JK member here got it installed and even went to the dealer and got my star-scan done to link between my u-connect and MYGIG. Anyhow, while I was in dealer getting my star-scan done, they changed my MYGIG version back to 9.XXX. (Not sure why??)
Everything is working well except, my navigation is not precise and my u-connect is acting up sometimes. Will the upgrade to 2.107 fix this problem??
I'm just worried that by doing the upgrade , if it will delete the link between my u-connect and MYGIG which means I have to go back to the dealer again.

Please let me know!!

Greg

PS Which GRACENOTE do I need to install if I want my MYGIG to read east asian languages? 2064??

Thanks!!
Hey Greg, Hello from Richmond Hill

My JK didn't come with the MyGig from the factory either, so I bought one off eBay along with the mic and GPS antenna and installed it myself. It only took about 20 minutes to do.

There was no need to visit the dealer to set anything up either, all I had to do was go into the engineering menu and enable the mic;
- Press and hold the "Menu", "Seek up" and "Seek down" buttons at the same time then release them
- Press the soft arrow button until you get to the last menu page
- Press the soft menu button to "Enable JK HFC/VR Module" (or something similar) and press OK or confirm your selection
- After that you just exit the engineering menu by pressing the Menu button
- Turn off the radio for a few minutes and when you turn it back on you're good to go

I'm currently running software version 2.045 with no problems at all with navigation, u-connect function or phone pairing (BB 9000). As for gracenotes, I'm using 2057 which I believe is the latest version for US/Canada/Mexico.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I should also have mentioned that you should avoid messing around with anything else in the engineering menu as you could make yourself a very expensive paperweight if you don't know what your doing in there.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

Don't worry about the update it won't remove the link of the uconnect
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought you only need to have the dealer flash it if you bought a unit that didnt have the VES or Rear View camera active..
Old 08-27-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

thanks all!!
i'm going to try the update tonight and see what happens!!!

Greg
Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

One thing you need to be aware of in regards to the Navigation. People often update the software version of the MyGig....but never update the Nav Database. Well, if you're able to add 1+1 then you can easily understand that the software version is designed to function with the correct Nav Database. So updating the software version with an older Nav Database version can cause problems, as well as using an older software version with a New Nav Database version.

What's your Nav Database version?

I'm using 2.043 software with Nav Database 3.2.4 and so far haven't had any problems with Navigation.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks all!!!!

Worked perfectly!!!

Quick Reply: Mygig rer