Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power inverter mounting

Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power inverter mounting

I have a power inverter and was looking for ideas of places to mount it. Any ideas???
Old 09-26-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are several different methods. The best suggestion I can give you is to make sure it's in a well-ventilated location. They can get hot!

Some place it behind the glove box, but most seem to place it under the passenger's seat (that's where I have mine, temporarily).

I will eventually buy a larger unit (to power a hair dryer ... don't hate) and re-install it using ideas taken from both of these installs:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=black+hole

http://roamingdrone.wordpress.com/20...ngler-console/

I woud like to mount it in the driver's side footwell, put two plugs hehind the eBrake, and put two plugs over the rear cup holders. I'm just trying to find a decent 2500W inverter that will fit in such a tight space.

Good luck!

-Dawn Marie
Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep one under the passenger seat... there's a bit of room under there. BUT mine's not mounted, which is what you're going for. I only pull it out from time to time.

Are you also looking to hard-wire it to a power source, or are you planning on having it still plug into the cigarette lighter?

The 2011s have one built in

Quick Reply: Power inverter mounting