Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

maybee ima jeanyus and didant noe it!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maybee ima jeanyus and didant noe it!

Just messing around yesterday and turned my low tire pressure light off. I had the ignition to ON but engine not running. Had the mile setting on dash to odometer reading. Then I held down the reset button 6-8 sec. The odometer then read h33234 or something close to that. Then I started the jeep and the TPS light was off. I drove it home and the light never came back on and this morning at 55degrees it still is off. Yesterday before this I checked all my tires and they were at 28psi and the spare was 25psi.

When I get more time I'm going to lower the psi to 22 all around. Maybe the drop in psi will light the warning light back up or maybe not. But if so ill try the trick again to turn it off.

If someone has more free time than me and wants to post up results, please do so.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

please keep us informed as i would LOVE to shut that damn idiot light off for good!!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite part is how you spelled genius. I was laughing soooooo hard. That's a nifty trick though. Who would have thought to put TPMS on a Jeep???
Old 09-29-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. I wonder if you inadvertently turned it TPMS off or lowered the threshold to the current pressure. Definitely let us know. You might get a lot of subscirptions to this thread.

May I introduce another parameter? The system is supposed to trigger if a single tire is above or below the others by 10% I think. After you drop the PSI to 22 if the you turn off the light again can you bring a single tire up to 25 or 28 PSI and see if that trips it? Just an idea.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was wondering if I just reset the psi setting. But if i get off at a decent time tonight ill experiment a little more.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default false alarm

Went and set my psi to 22 and the light came on. I then tried to turn it off like I did last night and it didn't work.

But I found out why I thought it worked. When I checked the pressure in my tires w/ 2 separate gauges, they read 28psi but when I used my EZ deflator after the stem was removed it read 33psi. So the inside psi is about 5 lbs off from a normal reading. Don't know if this is normal or not but that's how mine is reading.

Quick Reply: maybee ima jeanyus and didant noe it!