Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question on Teraflex C Gussets

Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question on Teraflex C Gussets

I just took delivery of Teraflex's C gussets and realized that it did not come with lower braces. Does Teraflex even make the lowers or do they think it is not necessary? Are the uppers the weaker of the two? Has anyone ever bent the lowers? I'm trying to figure out if I need lowers or if I can get them separately now that I already purchased the uppers from Teraflex. Hopefully Teraflex will chime in.

Last edited by Sharkey; 10-28-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Reference to blacklisted manufacturer.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought and installed the Teraflex since looking at the forces applied the upper C is most vulnerable to bending under extreme pressure. Some folks think more is better but I am very happy with them.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by renpia
I just took delivery of Teraflex's C gussets and realized that it did not come with lower braces. Does Teraflex even make the lowers or do they think it is not necessary? Are the uppers the weaker of the two? Has anyone ever bent the lowers? I'm trying to figure out if I need lowers or if I can get them separately now that I already purchased the uppers from Teraflex. Hopefully Teraflex will chime in.
TeraFlex will have lowers soon. But for the most part, it's the uppers that bend.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the responses guys. Teraflex, do you have an ETA for the lowers? Please let us know.

Quick Reply: Question on Teraflex C Gussets