Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev 4.5" premium or rc 6" x-series, which do i need??????

Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aev 4.5" premium or rc 6" x-series, which do i need??????

So I finally finished the last of my Vette project (32k worth) and am ready to move onto the Jeep. It has KILLED me to drive this thing stock for the last 8k miles but money constraints from my other project was the limiting factor. Here's my Question for all you experienced guys-

I bought this Jeep to haul around my Mastiff, not to take Offroad (I know, I'm a poser), So I dont need huge articulation. I want on road ride and handling. I am going to run 17x9's with 37x13.5" Mud Grapplers. I have heard nothing but good things about the AEV premium from those that have them, but at $1795 it seems expensive for what you get. I've also been eyeing the RC 3.5" lift and throwing a 1.25" body lift on it as well, but always hear people saying you NEED control arms for the proper Geometry. I also Have seen the RC 6" X series which comes with EVERYTHING for $1300. Which route do I go (Again, strictly on road) for what I am using the vehicle for? I just dont want to spend more for a suspension that will not get used for any serious offroad.

Thanks

Last edited by VETTETHRET; 11-01-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eh, just put on a 4in bodylift and keep the suspension stock.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Eh, just put on a 4in bodylift and keep the suspension stock.
And throw a couple of dead bodies in to fill the gaps?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you just drive the Mastiff? It looks like fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaLRQQ_XmwI We seem to be giving you a hard time here...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

From the research I have done I would say look into a long arm suspension. I am going with FullTraction 3in Long Arm but they also make a 4inch. They come with everything needed including heavy duty adjustable front and rear track bars instead of brackets. There is no welding needed for the kit either which is nice. From all I have read the long arms are much better on road especially the higher your lift. I'll be going off road with mine though as well.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Plan man has a good set up for what you are trying to accomplish although he did it for different reasons. You can keep your suspension lift low and put the 37s on by switching to flat fenders. This will allow you to keep you CG as low as possible and make the Jeep handle much better then lifting it sky high. You should be able to get away with a 2.5"-3" lift with a 1" body lift or a 3.5" lift if you combine them with flat flares and do a little trimming.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=planman
Old 11-01-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by grmncrsnbr
From the research I have done I would say look into a long arm suspension. I am going with FullTraction 3in Long Arm but they also make a 4inch. They come with everything needed including heavy duty adjustable front and rear track bars instead of brackets. There is no welding needed for the kit either which is nice. From all I have read the long arms are much better on road especially the higher your lift. I'll be going off road with mine though as well.
Way to expensive for what I am trying to do. Every long arm I see is 3k+. If this was my primary vehicle, I would definatley go for a long arm.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheScientist
Plan man has a good set up for what you are trying to accomplish although he did it for different reasons. You can keep your suspension lift low and put the 37s on by switching to flat fenders. This will allow you to keep you CG as low as possible and make the Jeep handle much better then lifting it sky high. You should be able to get away with a 2.5"-3" lift with a 1" body lift or a 3.5" lift if you combine them with flat flares and do a little trimming.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=planman
I thought about that as well, but want to keep the stock Rubi fenders.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

you could always do the RC 4inch basic kit. Seems like it would be a good solution for you. I run it with 37s and wheel when I can but use it as a DD so. I have 37 Good year MTR kevlars and they fit nice. you will need to trim your rock rails and that nasty little edge from the body but all is easy to do.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WilsonJK
you could always do the RC 4inch basic kit. Seems like it would be a good solution for you. I run it with 37s and wheel when I can but use it as a DD so. I have 37 Good year MTR kevlars and they fit nice. you will need to trim your rock rails and that nasty little edge from the body but all is easy to do.
Thanks for chiming in, it really seems like the RC is a good option for the money and what I need it for.

How is your ride?

Quick Reply: Aev 4.5" premium or rc 6" x-series, which do i need??????