Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

WHY doesnt someone make B Pilar armor, or "C pilar" add on bars)??

Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY doesnt someone make B Pilar armor, or "C pilar" add on bars)??

Seems like the two biggest misses in JK mods. Why doesn't someone make a 1/4" steel piece the exact shape of the B pilar that bolts through the stock tin foil piece? Something that could be painted to match the stock paint if you wanted. Made like all the other armor pieces like rocker armor etc..

And how about a set of bolt in bars that are also could be welded in that would support the rear POS "cage" at the back of the unlimited rear door? Maybe even a whole hoop that butts up to the stock crossbar?

Any aftermarket guys willing to step up and make me either of these custom one off????
Old 11-02-2010, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice response guys!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HardcoreHeath
Seems like the two biggest misses in JK mods. Why doesn't someone make a 1/4" steel piece the exact shape of the B pilar that bolts through the stock tin foil piece? Something that could be painted to match the stock paint if you wanted. Made like all the other armor pieces like rocker armor etc..

And how about a set of bolt in bars that are also could be welded in that would support the rear POS "cage" at the back of the unlimited rear door? Maybe even a whole hoop that butts up to the stock crossbar?

Any aftermarket guys willing to step up and make me either of these custom one off????
I beleive there are some weld in cage supports allready on the market, as for B pillar protection not too sure if there is a damnd for this. Good luck finding out more info.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Everyone talks about how the JK roll bars suck and I can't dispute that. However I worry about the real crash data on aftermarket parts. Under what conditions would such roll bar supports enter the occupant area with devasting effect? What I don't like about any roll bar mods out is the lack of real NHTSA crash stats. Aftermarket companys don't have to do the tests and how your Jeep reacts to a roll over at 75mph may be more important then how it reacts offroad at 2-10 mph.
I work for Mercedes-Benz and have seen a customers G-Class that rolled at 45 mph (with both lockers on)on its side 2 and a half times and landed on the roof. The kids driving the G55 got out and hiked to the freeway for help. On the spare tire cover writen in dust UPSIDE down was "We are ok - hiked to I-10" The only broken glass on the vehicle was the side mirrors and the doors still open and closed fine!!!!!!!!.... ultra-high strenght steel, and airhardable steel and of course occupant protection design make all the difference.
Is strapping more steel on the right answer......I really don't know......
Old 11-02-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The b-pillar issue was mentioned on Extreme 4x4 last weekend. The b-pillar is prone to damage from trees on the trail when leaned over, damage to the b-pillar causing door closure issues, etc. They were fabricating a removable bar to add to the roll bar (theirs is custom) on trail runs that would protect the b-pillar from damage. It looks like it can only be used when the top is off but they are still mid-project so it remains to be seen.

Rockhard makes a bunch of supplemental roll bar pieces to strengthen other areas.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

The NHSTA doesn't test every possible scenario number one. Number two, if you are dealing with people that know what they are doing design and welding wise, then your end result is almost positively going to be safer and better than stock in 99.9% of scenarios.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

there are 3 or 4 companies that make weld in / bolt in cages for the JK, just Google "Jeep JK cage" and you'll see who. OR-fab is one of them

as for the b-pillar, the only thing I've seen is the custom bar the guys on Xtreme4X4 put in.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those cages you are receding to are fronts and top pieces only. They do not have c pillar bars.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dstock
The b-pillar issue was mentioned on Extreme 4x4 last weekend. The b-pillar is prone to damage from trees on the trail when leaned over, damage to the b-pillar causing door closure issues, etc. They were fabricating a removable bar to add to the roll bar (theirs is custom) on trail runs that would protect the b-pillar from damage. It looks like it can only be used when the top is off but they are still mid-project so it remains to be seen.

Rockhard makes a bunch of supplemental roll bar pieces to strengthen other areas.
that was the only time i have heard of that being a problem
Old 11-02-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have the doors off and the windshield down, it's the only thing hat can get hurt

Quick Reply: WHY doesnt someone make B Pilar armor, or "C pilar" add on bars)??