Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

4 door rubicon springs

Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 door rubicon springs

I have a 2010 2 door sport and wanted to put my buddies springs from his 4 door rubi on mine. I was just wondering what changes to expect like rougher ride or anything like that.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see my post here...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1886096

also, read this thread if you haven't already...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=stock+springs

i took the 4-door springs off my 2009 Unlimited X and put them on my 2007 2-door rubicon...

rubicon or not doesn't make a difference on springs... it's the part numbers of the springs themselves that matter... the higher the last 2 numbers are the taller the spring... it's something like half a coil per number higher on the front coils... and higher spring rate on the rears (the rears are variable rate and i forget but i think is was the upper half of the coils that were taller on the rears... i verified it with all my springs out

as far as ride... mine rides the same (i think shock quality has more to do with the ride than the spring anyway)... just a little taller.. i didn't even have to straighten the steering wheel... even with the added 3/4" spacers i threw in there on the front... and it sits perfectly level now...

Mark

Last edited by mbjeepxj; 11-03-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: 4 door rubicon springs