Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Terraflex Budget boost

Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terraflex Budget boost

Got a question before I install this kit. It tells you to install the stock spring isolator in the rear with the buget boost spacer, If you left the Stock isolator out woud that get rid of the Rake the jeep has from the factory, or would it sit high in the front?

Just trying to get rid of the Rake it has now. The stock isolator is about 1/2 inch thick, that way it would have 2 1/2 lift in front and 2 in the rear. If you guys think that wont work,Then please let me know,Thanks

2011 jeep wrangler
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by blackbirdl98
Got a question before I install this kit. It tells you to install the stock spring isolator in the rear with the buget boost spacer, If you left the Stock isolator out woud that get rid of the Rake the jeep has from the factory, or would it sit high in the front?

Just trying to get rid of the Rake it has now. The stock isolator is about 1/2 inch thick, that way it would have 2 1/2 lift in front and 2 in the rear. If you guys think that wont work,Then please let me know,Thanks

2011 jeep wrangler

Unless you bought an older kit... I thought the latest TF 2.5" BB kit included a 2.5" front and 2" rear spacer not a 2.5" rear spacer like they originally did ??? Have Joe @ TF confirm this.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Thats a good question, I didnt know they had changed the TF Rear spacer ,Maybe I should call TF and ask that question. Kit is a few months old,so I dont know . Guess I could measure the thickness of rear spacer.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

installing the complete kit should get rid of the rake. the lift is slightly higher in the front to accomplish this. even if the rear is slightly higher, once you add gear to the rear or a spare tire carrier/bumper, it will level out..
Old 11-03-2010, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

which one are you getting ??
Old 11-03-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

My kit came with 2" rear, 2.5" front and I used the stock isolators on both ends. Still have some rake but way better than stock. One suggestion I would give is leave out the front bump stop extensions if the Jeep is a DD, they are too long for everyday on the road even though they WILL keep a 35 tire from rubbing with the right wheels off road.

Quick Reply: Terraflex Budget boost