Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Why has my Procal stopped working?

Old 11-03-2010, 08:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why has my Procal stopped working?

Went to change tire pressure threshold today and got no horn beep when I attached the Procal to the OBD2 port. Then tried reseting to stock and no beep again. Tried all key positions too. Any ideas?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might wanna call aev, see what they say, that's a new on on me. Have you tried disconnecting battery a few, the try it again? These electronics are funky on the jk.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Might wanna call aev, see what they say, that's a new on on me. Have you tried disconnecting battery a few, the try it again? These electronics are funky on the jk.
Yeah I'll do that. I was at the dealer a week ago for a rear pinion seal but I doubt they touched the software for that.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

funny, mine did the same thing yesterday. i was getting code 37 and then after plugging and unpluggin a few times, it magically worked again. i was simply trying to use the extended idle.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not thinking this will work but sometimes when the program drops (I swear it's happened) I reset the program to stock (even though you don't hear the horn in your case) and then disconnect the battery. Wait 10 minutes. Reconnect and reattempt to program. If nothing else you've reset things and are starting from scratch. Try something simple at first like the TPMS reset. It's something you can easily verify (lower psi in tires to below factory) and the indicator light should not come on. If it does then you know it's not working. Could be a damaged programmer and in any case should be covered.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 AM
JK Jedi

No answer at AEV must be at SEMA.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
No answer at AEV must be at SEMA.
yah, no answer yesterday, either. like i said, after a few tries, it ended up working for me.

Quick Reply: Why has my Procal stopped working?