Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1.5" Coil Spring Lift for 2dr???

Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.5" Coil Spring Lift for 2dr???

Does anyone know of a mfg that offers coils for a 2dr that will net about 1.5" of actual lift? I know Teraflex has some in the works, but I'm not sure if I can be patient enough to wait for them. The time has come where I'd like to pull my spacers and replace them with actual springs, but I think I want to bring it down a bit to have a lower ride and just run some flat fenders to get the clearance I will need to run 35's. At least I want to give it a try. If I don't like it, I can always change it later.

So, does anyone have any info?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

you have to option of getting some stock unlimited springs from a rig with the hardtop and tow package.. they should give you a little over an ince of lift
Old 11-03-2010, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john smack
you have to option of getting some stock unlimited springs from a rig with the hardtop and tow package.. they should give you a little over an ince of lift
I've got a 2dr Rubicon with the dual top option and tow package. I can't remember what part number my springs are off hand, but I've checked into this before and didnt think it would really net me much gain and I'd still have factory springs that are prone to sagging. I'd rather go with a nice set of aftermarket coils if I can find some.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Teraflex has a new 1.5" Performance 'leveling kit'. Haven't seen anyone post any actual lift heights from it yet.

In general, aftermarket coils don't come that short, and most will give quite a bit more lift than advertised. If the TF's don't work out, I think the lightest OME coils would be your next best bet. (they will sag, but are also about the shortest out there that I know of...)
Old 11-03-2010, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Teraflex has a new 1.5" Performance 'leveling kit'. Haven't seen anyone post any actual lift heights from it yet.

In general, aftermarket coils don't come that short, and most will give quite a bit more lift than advertised. If the TF's don't work out, I think the lightest OME coils would be your next best bet. (they will sag, but are also about the shortest out there that I know of...)
The new 1.5" TF coils are for 4dr's and I have a 2dr. After speaking with Teraflex it sounded like I would get about 2.5" on a 2dr, but they also said they haven't tried them on a 2dr to see exactly what it would be. They are working on a 1.5" kit for the 2dr, but there hasn't really been an expected release date yet.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The teraflex leveling coils would be your best bet, the four door kit would probably give you 2" of llift all around, not sure about the two door kit. I don't know of any spring manufacturers that make springs that will give you 1.5" of lift. I actually ran .75" spacers stacked for a few months to give me exactly 1.5" of lift, I ended up replacing them with 1.75" spacers.

Quick Reply: 1.5" Coil Spring Lift for 2dr???