Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Needed Input!

Old 03-17-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed Input!

2011 Unlimited Rubicon, I want to lift it (suspension). Without picking favorite brands, who makes the most durable, bolt on suspension lift? I would like to stay away from my electronic sway bar disconnects and pitman arm.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

How big you looking to go? How much you looking to spend?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

That question is way too open. There are many options out there with quality construction, and without knowing any specifics at all, it would be rather difficult to point you at any particular brand or height or components.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U dont have to install the pitman arm that come with a lift kit as long as u dont install the trackbar relocation bracket in front.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

for minimal lift, id recomend a 2.5 inch teraflex or 2.5 inch rough country, just remember 3+ inches of lift require new drive shafts and a whole lot of other stuff. if you want a bigger lift, get the 2.5 inch plus a 1.25 inch body lift from rough country
Old 03-17-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkd1993
for minimal lift, id recomend a 2.5 inch teraflex or 2.5 inch rough country, just remember 3+ inches of lift require new drive shafts and a whole lot of other stuff. if you want a bigger lift, get the 2.5 inch plus a 1.25 inch body lift from rough country
i agree to this thread
Old 03-18-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Without starting a full blown wild fire I am running the Fabtech kit and the only other JK's I've seen run Fabtech have been the Fabtech JK and Mastercraft's JK. I have had a weekend of high speed runs and did TDS for some slower stuff and I really enjoy it thus far. Installed it myself, took a couple days of having the jeep in parts (first suspension I've done) but wasn't too difficult with an extra set of hands. And so far its holding up pretty good, finished installing it 2 AM Xmas morning.

Quick Reply: Needed Input!