Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear bumper and tire carrier

Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear bumper and tire carrier

My tire carrier doesnt seem to be holding up to well/making noises from just casual driving
I'm trying to find the best one for the money...
The RANCHO is a great price but no sure If I like the look
And I heard the smittybilt is bad quality and needs work to install
Thanks Cameron
Old 03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Nothing is wrong with the Smittybilt or their bumpers. People just have it in their head if it's not made in USA it's shit, and those people are idiots.

Just this past weekend I was on a trail and someone was stuck, someone was going to winch them out but their WARN WINCH wouldn't start up or work, but my Chinese Smittybilt winch had no problem and pulled them out.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abacabb
Nothing is wrong with the Smittybilt bumpers. People just have it in their head if it's not made in USA it's shit, and those people are idiots.

Just this past weekend we we're winching someone out and the persons WARN WINCH wouldn't work, but my Chinese Smittybilt winch had no problem starting up and pulling them out.
Thanks for the Input
It's just different people like different things
And personally I like the smittybilt
Old 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cameron7
Thanks for the Input
It's just different people like different things
And personally I like the smittybilt
I had no problems installing my Smittybilt front or rear bumper. It's not rusting, the tire doesn't shake on the back while driving, the handle doesn't come loose while driving, it doesn't rub against the body and the handle works fine.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a smittbuilt winch and it hasnt failed me yet. However, I dont like the fit and finish and durability of there bumpers or rock rails. Why spend 900 bucks on something u r not sure about, better to spend a few hundred more and get something that is better quality IMO. The winch was a no brainer since the price difference is HUGE. for the bumper, they are still damn expensive. If they dropped their bumper to 500 I would buy it, but I am not paying 8 0r 9 hundred dollars on a smittybuilt. Just my opinion.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

i went down this line. too many times. spend the money the first time and be impressed and happy.

happy expedition one customer here. yes its pricy. but i would have saved a lot of headaches and hassels, and garbage just doing this the FIRST time.

for a couple hundred $ its not worth it. spend the $1300-$1700 and be happy with your purchase.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im in the same boat as you, I currently have the rugged ridge tire carrier and bumper. Ive only had it about a year and I've had to re paint it already due to rust, tire carrier doesn't line up anymore. Im saving now for the AEV carrier and bumper
Old 03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Save the bumper, ditch the carrier and mount an or fab carrier. Just my .02
Old 03-21-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Save the bumper, ditch the carrier and mount an or fab carrier. Just my .02
x2...Its one of the best ways to go and its extremely affordable! Still waiting on mine..
Old 03-21-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Smittybuilt XRC front and rear bumper and have had no problems with them at all,easy to install,durable,and paint is holding up fine
Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Rear bumper and tire carrier