Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts on Aussie lockers

Old 03-24-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Aussie lockers

Ok guys..what are your thoughts on the Aussie locker? If I am understanding the inner workings of the locker then I am concerned about noise when you turn on regular paved road, not in 4x4 drive. Anyone wheelin an Aussie? Any noise? Happy with it? Etc..
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

4x4 is great. No noise, it does it's job. 2wd it clicks and clunks sometimes going fast during tight turns
I don't drive 4wd hi ever because I don't like the way it feels. Weird in snow when in 4wd. (higher than 15mph)

Other than that it's a great $300 to lock up the front. Does it's job well..

Last edited by Rafi; 03-31-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I want one...
Old 03-27-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get one! I just ordered one!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 AM
JK Freak

I wheel with a guy who uses Aussie lockers on his yj and loves em. They work great. I know... I said yj
Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 AM
JK Freak

I'm thinking thats gonna be next, before summer. If anybody knows how wide (jaws) bench vise needed to hold the carrier so the ring gear can be removed please post it. Thats what's been holding me up hate to put out money for a large vise that I really have no other need for.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by asphalt assault
they are noisy when doing a turn on the street. if you hit the throttle on the street in a turn your going to hear tires squeal and you better hammer it otherwise its too hard on the components... ...(no throttle in a turn).
Im sorry, i agree with everything else you might have said, but this is incorrect in a JK application. its not noisy. I drove 300 miles recently with a friend of mine who is into jeeps and has had lockers in past/ present vehicles, the next day i told him that the front had an auto locker in it he didnt believe me. because it didnt make any noise. I know how to trigger the noise and how to make it click and clunk. and you can "hammer it" in turns, nothing is going to break... axles arnt going to break in 2wd on pavment going 20mph

to hear it you have to be turning very tightly, and going kinda fast.

if you take your turns either 1. not fast, or 2. not that sharp. you will never notice. ever.

when it does make noise, and shutter a little, you will notice it, yes.

Last edited by Rafi; 03-31-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Aussie lockers