Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Any one try these yet on your 37"plus sized tires?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one try these yet on your 37"plus sized tires?

ww w.centramatic.com/Home.aspx

As the title reads. The manager at Goodyear suggested these. But this is the same idiot who balanced my tires (took over an hour) and then never bothered to check my tire pressure. Also charged me $100 to balance 4 tires. I dont believe I will be going back, so I am looking for alternatives.

Last edited by Mulewhisperer; 04-27-2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: no clicky
Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe I need to try these for my Goodyear MTR's.....I have had my road balances twice and still can't get the shake out of the steering wheel.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DCS Rubicon
Maybe I need to try these for my Goodyear MTR's.....I have had my road balances twice and still can't get the shake out of the steering wheel.
We're running the same tire. You might want to dig a little deeper than tire balancing. After a balance my steering wheel is solid. I am more interested in these if they make the life of the tire longer and no need to ever go back to have them rebalanced.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DCS Rubicon
Looks like you have aftermarket wheel, do you still have your rotor clips still on your lugs? Reason I asked, I had the same problem and had two stealerships check out a vibration that I could not get out. They tried balancing my wheels multiple times that would last a couple miles then the vibration was back. Finally I gave up and took it to an offroad shop thinking I needed my tires lathed. 10 seconds flat they told me that with running aftermarket wheels you have to remove your rotor clips, killed the vibration instantly! :-/
Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Would the balance bags like OTR tires work?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Pics of rotor clips?? Are you talking about the little assembly pieces around the lug studs???? I don't know how that could cause a vibration unless the wheel wasn't fully seated against the rotor.
Yes, they can cause your wheel to not completely seat flush with the rotor. If they are still on I would remove them and see if your vibration goes away...
Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have dynabeads and they did the trick I recommend them
Old 04-27-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jksteve89
I have dynabeads and they did the trick I recommend them
I tried the balancing beads. Had my tires off multiple times trying different amounts. Finally gave up and used the shop vac to end the nightmare.

BACK ON TOPIC.... Anyone have experience with the discs?

Quick Reply: Any one try these yet on your 37"plus sized tires?