Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2 door rear lower spring mount relocation

Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2 door rear lower spring mount relocation

Has anyone moved the lower rear spring mount to fix the bent spring problem after lift and new adj arms???
Old 04-26-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Why not go with the straightening brackets that JKS (I think) makes. I know there is a manufacturer that makes a "correction" piece. I'll find a link if you want it.
I was told by a guy at terafelx that best way to fix that probelm was to cut the mounts off and re-weld them in the new location...
Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My father-in-law and I did this on his lj her a couple months back but we moved the top spring perch that attaches to the frame.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like above, the cut them from their mounts and move them down onto the axle.

PM Offroad Evolution, Jake, did this to his two door.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the rockkrawler wedges and jks rear spring retainers today hoping this will do the trick. If not I will be looking at the jks adjustable spring mounts.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blazenjeep420
Has anyone moved the lower rear spring mount to fix the bent spring problem after lift and new adj arms???
Article in this month Four Wheeler, titled (Rock Bound) that states this same problem and the solution is to replace the lower rear spring pads with Trail Master ones.

I think this is what I am going to do when I get new DS in June/July. I am thinking all you have to do is remove the rear springs, cut off and grind smooth where the old spring perches where, install spring with new perches just resting on the axle, lower the weight of the jk back down on springs, tap the pads just where you want them to correct the bow and weld into place. At least that is how I think it can be done.

I do not know if I will go with Trail Master brand or not, just saw the article and have not had time to even read all of it yet.

Last edited by GunDude; 04-26-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 2 door rear lower spring mount relocation