Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex rear swaybar links rusting

Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex rear swaybar links rusting

I put a TF 2.5" coil lift on late September early October and the rear swaybar links that came with the kit are already rusted like a 1980s Honda. The factory link that used to be in the rear that is now in the front looks great still.

Shoot! thought I had some pictures on my phone but no luck. I'll add some tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

My links are looking about the same as yours I'm guessing. No powder coating left on the links anymore. They are a nice shade of rust brown. My stock links up front look great. Can you help us out Teraflex??
Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default Links

Same here! Look pretty bad. Less than a year!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmmm.... I just installed a 2.5" lift kit yesterday and I still have my Jeep on jackstands.

Should I take any sort of preventative measures to make sure mine do not rust? Maybe spray them with something?

By the way, I think there were some people discussing this on this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ng-Lift/page67

Looks like this may be happening to other people....

Last edited by sanjosebass; 04-27-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Should have gotten the jks quickers. Mine made it through this shitty winter with no problems.
I have the same problem with the new TF rear links that came with my 2.5" coil kit. Funny thing is, I put my TF quick disconnects on at the same time as the lift, and they still look brand new.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sanjosebass
Hmmmm.... I just installed a 2.5" lift kit yesterday and I still have my Jeep on jackstands.

Should I take any sort of preventative measures to make sure mine do not rust? Maybe spray them with something?

By the way, I think there were some people discussing this on this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ng-Lift/page67

Looks like this may be happening to other people....
Thanks for posting the link. My search didn't turn up any results. Ivthink I've found that before using the iPhone app.

Mine were probably 3-4 months before the rust made it's appearance.

Looks like I will be doing a little repainting.

Yeah must be just a bad paint mixture on those particular parts or batch of parts. They don't use salt or anything up here so I'm surprised they are so rusted. Especially considering I barely have any rust on my rear axle where rocks and sticks are constantly in contact with.

Last edited by raidue; 04-27-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

same problem here. I put mine on in august. I just remembered that my lift was back ordered for two months. When I called teraflex joe (i think was his name) told me their warehouse had flooded and they were waiting for some new parts. I highly doubt this is coincidence. I'm going to send him a pm in the morning and everyone else should too. This really upsets me.....
Old 04-28-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting. Yeah it is a PITA for sure. I really didn't have plans to remove my rear links sand them and repaint them. Not my idea of a fun filled jeep weekend!!!

Quick Reply: Teraflex rear swaybar links rusting