Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best rear bumber/tire carrier for 2011?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best rear bumber/tire carrier for 2011?

Hey everyone....this is my first post. I just bought a 2011 Sahara Unlimited and right away put a BDS 4.5" lift with Terra Grappler 35X12.50's and a Volant Powercore CAI.

I am in need of a new rear bumper/tire carrier to hold the spare....any reccomendations? I have looked at the Warn and Smitty.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

OR-Fabs rear bumper with new reverse lights and there tire/jerry can holder.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Expedition One

I went with the Expedition One on my 2011 Rubi...very solid, tire carrier swings with the tailgate!!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

The carrier that swings with the tailgate is rad. I hated tire carriers until they started making them like that.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
OR-Fabs rear bumper with new reverse lights and there tire/jerry can holder.
X2 I don't have input on any bumpers, but I do have and very much like the OR-Fab tire carrier. And then you can get any bumper you like. I thought it would be a pain to have it swing separate from the tailgate, but it hasn't been an issue for me. My gf doesn't like, but as she puts it - It's easy, and it takes no time to do. - That tells me it isn't so bad.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

If price wasn't an issue, I would choose the new LoD Gen 3 with all the options. My second choice would be the OR-Fab carrier with a PSC bumper. I haven't heard may good things about Smitty...for the money I would personally look elsewhere. Just my $.02. there are so many good options out there. I'm sure you'll love whatever you choose. Good luck and post pics!

Quick Reply: Best rear bumber/tire carrier for 2011?