Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

installing side steps?

Old 05-02-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing side steps?

May be a dumb question but when putting side steps on why wont the frame bolt come all the way out and when it does I would think the washer needs to come off but it don't seem to fit over bolt threads? Need help!!! Thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

The washer is part of the bolt, it does not come off. The bolts should come out of the step bracket, You might have to remove the whole step before it comes out. I know when I install mine for the winter I have problems with 1 of the bolts, and it goes on first and off last otherwise it doesn't come out. Maybe the same with you?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pirate
The washer is part of the bolt, it does not come off. The bolts should come out of the step bracket, You might have to remove the whole step before it comes out. I know when I install mine for the winter I have problems with 1 of the bolts, and it goes on first and off last otherwise it doesn't come out. Maybe the same with you?
Ok I just realized I was doing something wrong. Ok you have the six small bolts attached to the rail brackets. The other 3 big brackets get bolted to what? The body? The Jeep only has 1000 miles. There is a sticky tape from factory over them three holes and I have no bolts for them. Thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is a tab that has a threaded nut attached to it. It slides in that hole and fasten to the sheet metal. I sold my Sahara steps to a guy with a 2011 and he didn't have those on his from the factory. He was going to have to get some because I couldn't get mine off of my 2007.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
There is a tab that has a threaded nut attached to it. It slides in that hole and fasten to the sheet metal. I sold my Sahara steps to a guy with a 2011 and he didn't have those on his from the factory. He was going to have to get some because I couldn't get mine off of my 2007.
I have holes right where the bracket lines up but not sure if they r threaded there is factory tape there. Where do I get the tabs if that's what I need.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Quadra has the install docs on their site. The diagrams should help you out.

2door
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12560_00.htm

4door
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12560_01_07.htm
Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Quadra has the install docs on their site. The diagrams should help you out.

2door
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12560_00.htm

4door
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12560_01_07.htm
That helped! Thank you!

Quick Reply: installing side steps?