Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TERAFLEX 2.5" Coil Lift Questionnaire

Old 05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TERAFLEX 2.5" Coil Lift Questionnaire

Hey all, here is the deal:

I have a 08 2dr RUBICON

Looking at the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift, but trying to decide whether to go with the 2.5" coil lift with the shock adapters and stick with my stock Rubi shocks, or go with the 2.5" coil lift and teraflex 9550 shocks.

Quadratec has this product description regarding this coil lift:

"The 2.5" lift kit is an ultra simple lift kit designed for the serious no-frills four wheeling reminiscent of the old days. Build up the legend and go for a drive! The 2.5" of lift is the perfect amount to allow you to run a 35" tire, and give the maximum wheel travel and articulation. Perfect for all daily driven Wranglers. The kit is available in three configurations for your desired performance level. This kit with adapters will allow you to utilize the factory shock absorbers, which is highly recommended for Rubicon Models."

This leads me to believe that they are recommending the stock rubicon shocks over the Teraflex for Rubicon models...Are they superior to the teraflex 9550 shocks?

What are your thoughts on this? Anyone with the kit please respond.

Teraflex feel free to respond...

Thanks.

Last edited by JK BRO; 05-02-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Alright, thanks for the input. anyone else got anything to add?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a rubi and just installed the coil lift with shocks this past weekend. I've only been able to drive it on the street but i love the ride. The ride is very similar to stock. It's abit softer...it's an improvement
Old 05-03-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

I just did this lift. I have a 2007 2 door rubi. I have gone from stock rubi shocks, to bilstein 5100's, and now to the teraflex shocks. Honestly, I just do not see much of a difference between any of them. A little rougher these teraflex ones maybe It is really hard to tell though, if you are changing tires at the same time ( like I did) because that makes a serious difference in feel too.

One big reason I went with the Teraflex, is that way I know they are the right length ( I guess their adapters would be the same length too though) I just don't like adapters of any kind if I can avoid them. Just my opinion though
Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

What did you do with your Blistins? For sale maybe?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all personal preference. The TF shocks are a smoother ride over stock. I would spend a little more and get their shocks
Old 05-03-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

I have the exact coil lift but w/stock shocks on my 2009 2Door X. I'm not sure how much better the Rubi shocks are, but my ride is pretty rough. I've gotten use to it, but would definitely upgrade if I had the option.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an 08 rubi unlimited with a Teraflex 2.5" coil kit with 9550 shocks. I think they are much smoother than the stock rubi shocks. I was expecting them to be rougher, but was happily surprised that they ride as good as they do.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bearstylez
What did you do with your Blistins? For sale maybe?
Yes they are! I will PM you later on about it

Ok, back to the discussion.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

I have this kit and decided to keep my stock shocks until they wear out. Why replace what you don't have to? Save that money and put it towards another mod.
Unless you've got money to throw around. Then you may as well go for it!
I don't.

Quick Reply: TERAFLEX 2.5" Coil Lift Questionnaire