Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spartan lockers front and rear

Old 05-04-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spartan lockers front and rear

So talked to a good reputable 4x4 shop today. Gave me a quote for 5.13s Yukon gears front and rear with Spartan lockers front and rear installed for 1050.00. 150.00 more if I want to go with grizzly locker in rear. What's everyone opinion on this and what do u think? I'm thinking about making the appointment next week but see what the replies are. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like a good deal. Haven't really looked into those lockers. Around here it's a 1000 for gears alone
Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I checked around and best price I found. Really looking forward to install and some wheeling.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guess when there are a ton of 4x4 shops where u live they have to compete
Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You might double check the fitment. Some previous threads indicate that the Spartan and Grizzly are not made for JK axles? You should also consider not using a lunchbox in the rear.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=spartan
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=spartan

If the Spartan and/or Grizzly do not fit, consider an Aussie front and Detroit rear. Or a TrueTrac front with a detroit rear.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

He says he does them a lot in jk's and is a reputable shop, he just finished my friends with no problems. I suggested Aussie to him and believes in his opinion that the Spartan is a better locker and been around longer and will be. Plus he said if any warranty claims Spartan has stood behind him 100%. I am considering the grizzly in the back which is just like the Detroit. A little stronger.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Feasterdef
He says he does them a lot in jk's and is a reputable shop, he just finished my friends with no problems. I suggested Aussie to him and believes in his opinion that the Spartan is a better locker and been around longer and will be. Plus he said if any warranty claims Spartan has stood behind him 100%. I am considering the grizzly in the back which is just like the Detroit. A little stronger.
Wow I did Yukon 5.13s with Spartans front and rear (LOVING IT btw) for a lot more than you are getting charged! Be aware though your installer WILL have to change carriers, Spartan lockers do not fit in stock JK carriers!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Yup Aussie lockers are the only ones that will fit into a D30 housing without modifications. I would also tend to avoid a lunchbox style in the rear. It could lead to driveablity issues in slick or snowy conditions. For the record Ive got an Aussie up front and love it.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I figured a carrier change but not really worried about that too much. As far as slick and snowy conditions, I live in the desert in Arizona, don't really worry about snow and rarely have to worry about rain. Plus if I ever travel like to go snowboarding and such, I take my girls jeep. It's great having a two jeep family. Mine for fun, hers for daily use.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am regearing as well......going to 5.13's from.....hate to even say it........3.21's.

The shop I found here will charge $750 labor and I supply the geas and install kits. He will install lockers for no extra charge but again I have to supply the lockers. I dont know how you can get all that done for $1050???? If I buy just lockers and gears I think I wil be into this project 1200 bucks or so?

Am I looking in all the wrong places for the parts?

Quick Reply: Spartan lockers front and rear