Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Regear help

Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regear help

I'm having an issue finding some place to regear my jeep in the Austin San Antonio TX area. The one quote I got was over 2k. Anyone that can pm a reputable place with a decent price in the area would be appreciated
Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adian
I'm having an issue finding some place to regear my jeep in the Austin San Antonio TX area. The one quote I got was over 2k. Anyone that can pm a reputable place with a decent price in the area would be appreciated
Hey man, If you wait until G2 gear is 15-20% off again and talk to the guys at 4WD in SA you can get both axels, one locker and a full warrantee for 2G or less. Otherwise you might be out of luck. I called EVERYWHERE to find out who has the best price in SA. The second best price I got was Jeep Masters outside of Austin. They come well regarded, but still charge 1800. On a side note: I called BB Jeep in New Braunfels..just to see what it would cost. I talked like I had no idea about anything..... the guy asked me how much I was being quoted at other places etc. He said "whoa, thats way too high" only to get a follow up quote from his tech at $600 an axle, or 1200..... and yes, that is only after YOU supply the R&P, overhaul kits and fluids.... not including the 500mi diff change out. I wish there was an avatar for co@#su#$ers, because I would add it now. When I was in KS, I was quoted 1400 for everything, and it is a very reputable 4x4 place. We are just in a pricey area for this stuff.

Quick Reply: Regear help