Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

OEM Heated seat installation?

Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Heated seat installation?

If i buy all the mopar parts to a heated seat kit cat i put them in myself? including the buttons?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have some skills and some know how sure why not. Search the forum and you will find many threads on heated seats and even some writeups.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biggy
If you have some skills and some know how sure why not. Search the forum and you will find many threads on heated seats and even some writeups.
Yeah, I was checking them out but they are all for kits that are meant to be installed aftermarket.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:43 AM
kik
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nsteele
If i buy all the mopar parts to a heated seat kit cat i put them in myself? including the buttons?
You can, but as was said you need some skill knowing what to do, especially tying into the Canbus. I can do alot, but doing that and then cutting out for switch placement, removing seats and installing pads, I had an experienced dealer tech do that one. For me, it was worth it. I'm glad I did. Everything works perfect and the electrical tie in shuts it off when the doors are opened also. The cut out was done under the bank of switches, on a 10 Rubi, and came out like it was a factory install.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kik
You can, but as was said you need some skill knowing what to do, especially tying into the Canbus. I can do alot, but doing that and then cutting out for switch placement, removing seats and installing pads, I had an experienced dealer tech do that one. For me, it was worth it. I'm glad I did. Everything works perfect and the electrical tie in shuts it off when the doors are opened also. The cut out was done under the bank of switches, on a 10 Rubi, and came out like it was a factory install.
how much did that run you?

Quick Reply: OEM Heated seat installation?