Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep CPU Tricks/Reprogramming (Turning off Dummy Lights/Chimes, ESP, etc)

Old 04-25-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep CPU Tricks/Reprogramming (Turning off Dummy Lights/Chimes, ESP, etc)

I figured I'd start a thread on reprogramming, you guys can add to it as I don't really know what to search for besides the four I found... I'll try to keep this updated.

Turning Off ESP
1. Turn Jeep ON (running motor)
2. engage 4HI
3. Drive straight ahead and note position of steering wheel whilst in a straight line (for compensation if needed)
4. stop, put in neutral (or park for Auto), engage E-Brake
5. Observe E-Brake light flashing on dash
6. quickly turn steering wheel to right 180 degrees until Jeep logo is upside down (do NOT let the wheel go back to the left in any way). I just yanked it and held it.
7. IMMEDIATELY hold ESP button and watch the brake light flash 9 times (or say "one beep, two beep, three beep... seven beep.") You will hear a chime at 5 seconds for ESPOFF but keep holding it until you finish your countdown
8. Immediately turn the wheel 360 degrees to the left (do not stop at center) and hold it there (logo upside down)
9. press ESP again as quickly as you can and hold it (there will probably be no chime, as mine didnt have one.) do your countdown - ESPOFF should still be showing on the dash
10. after countdown, immediately return wheel to center and press ESP and do the countdown again
11. turn the key off ASAP (I shifted into 2HI and noticed ESPOFF disappeared while the dummy light stayed on).

Turning Off ESP #2

1. Shift the transfer case into the 4H range position.
2. Turn the steering wheel until it is centered and the wheels are pointed straight ahead.
3. Cycle the ignition key OFF to ON.
4. Wait approximately five seconds for the system bulb check.
5. Turn and hold the steering wheel one-half turn to the right (clockwise).
6. Press and hold the ESP OFF button for seven seconds.
7. Turn the steering wheel back to center, and turn and hold an additional one-half turn to the left (counterclockwise).
8. Press and hold the ESP OFF button for seven seconds.
9. Turn the steering wheel back to center.
10. Press and hold the ESP OFF button for seven seconds.
11. Cycle the ignition key to OFF. After performing the ESP disable procedure correctly,
“ESP OFF” will be displayed in the odometer for approximately 12 seconds each time the ignition is moved to ON.
Repeating the ESP disable procedure will re-enable normal ESP operation.

Turning Off Seat Belt Chime
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming

Turn Off Change Oil Light
1. Turn the ignition on without starting the engine, after all the normal bings, there will be a pause and then another bing
2. Press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times, rapidly
3. Start the engine.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scotty likey, me bump!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Could someone out there try this with a 12 Rubi. I can't get it to work on mine.

Turning Off ESP
1. Turn Jeep ON (running motor)
2. engage 4HI
3. Drive straight ahead and note position of steering wheel whilst in a straight line (for compensation if needed)
4. stop, put in neutral (or park for Auto), engage E-Brake
5. Observe E-Brake light flashing on dash
6. quickly turn steering wheel to right 180 degrees until Jeep logo is upside down (do NOT let the wheel go back to the left in any way). I just yanked it and held it.
7. IMMEDIATELY hold ESP button and watch the brake light flash 9 times (or say "one beep, two beep, three beep... seven beep.") You will hear a chime at 5 seconds for ESPOFF but keep holding it until you finish your countdown
8. Immediately turn the wheel 360 degrees to the left (do not stop at center) and hold it there (logo upside down)
9. press ESP again as quickly as you can and hold it (there will probably be no chime, as mine didnt have one.) do your countdown - ESPOFF should still be showing on the dash
10. after countdown, immediately return wheel to center and press ESP and do the countdown again
11. turn the key off ASAP (I shifted into 2HI and noticed ESPOFF disappeared while the dummy light stayed on).

Quick Reply: Jeep CPU Tricks/Reprogramming (Turning off Dummy Lights/Chimes, ESP, etc)