Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Adding A/C to a 2008 jk

Old 05-04-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding A/C to a 2008 jk

hi i would like to add A/C to my 08 2 door jk x model i purchased it used this winter. it is a bare bones jeep no options at all. i do a lot of traveling for work and some days its better to have A/C than put the top down. my question is has anyone heard of a kit that i can get to add A/C (factory or aftermarket). i tried researching my self and haven't found anything. but i am a horrible online researcher
thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the local junkyards for a JK with AC, take some pics (I know you think you'll remember it all, but just make me happy and take a bunch), rip out every AC part you can get, pay for parts (or sneak out if on tight budget) Please remember: junkyard dogs like a juicy filet mignon better than you), buy one of those Haynes/Chilton type manuals, then using your pictures that I made you take, and your new manual, reassemble the entire AC system. A side note: Take a week's sick leave from work so you won't feel rushed. Lastly, cruise around town on the hottest day of the year with all your windows closed and enjoy your low buck, do it yourself, mod.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a few threads about this. Short answer is yes it can be done but it won't be easy and it won't be cheap!!

The TJs are much easier to retrofit with A/C.

You might seriously consider trading in yours for another one if having A/C is that important....I know it would be for me.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

professionally speaking- don't even consider it, there is so much to change over plus the electronics involved. Trade it first.

Quick Reply: Adding A/C to a 2008 jk