Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Installed 1.5" Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit (Coil kit)

Old 01-01-2014, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Installed 1.5" Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit (Coil kit)

Just finished the install on the Teraflex 1.5" Performance Leveling kit on my '14 JKU. Living in the great southeastern swampy flatlands (Florida to all you normal people), I don't have much need for a ton of flex, but I do have the need for a winch and bumper on which to mount it; thus I also needed new springs to support the additional weight. Overall, the installation was pretty easy, and we went from this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140101_094835_751_zpsokyesnah.jpg
Views:	1732
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	520484

to this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140101_140505_437_zpsxggxie2l.jpg
Views:	1295
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	520485

Steering changes after the install were minimal and the ride doesn't really seem any different. Overall, I gained about 2.25" up front and 1.25" in the rear - pretty close to what Teraflex advertises. I imagine the springs will settle over the next week or so and bring it down a bit.

Question for you guys: I didn't remove or loosen either track bar or any of the control arms during the installation - do I still need to loosen and re-torque the bolts on them, or is that only if I removed/loosened them?
Old 01-01-2014, 12:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

it will settle or at least mine did and the one I put on my buddies. yes you need to loosen the control arms (all 8 bolts) and retorque them with the weight on the ground.
I was going to get another to put on my new rubicon unlimited (I had a 13 jku) but decided to go with a 2" aev kit. I liked the ride of the tf kit but was really disappointed in the sagging. My rear sagged bad and I had the squating look. TF did send me spacers for no cost but my buddy who we put on his 14 kju less then 2 months ago is really disappointed and TF has not been so good to him about sending the spacers. He put an 80 lbs winch on stock front bumper and he is at about stock height both front and rear. Yours looks great if it does not settle you have about a perfect stance.

I did just notice you have a soft top and that will help some. I really noticed my sag when I put the hard top back on mine.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt
...yes you need to loosen the control arms (all 8 bolts) and retorque them with the weight on the ground...
Just the lowers, right? What about the track bars?

And thanks for the info - I'm happy with it now and I hope it stays that way. I'm planning to put an LOD Armor Lite Shorty on with winch (undecided on brand right now).
Old 01-01-2014, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I did upper and lower control arms. Anything that is under tension should be loosed then retorqued.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

I went out and did the front lowers before it started raining. What a pain in the ass it is torquing those bolts to 125 ft/lbs under the Jeep - not much space to maneuver the torque wrench...

Quick Reply: Installed 1.5" Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit (Coil kit)