Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hydro assist

Old 01-27-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hydro assist

Can someone give me a list of what I will need to do the DIY hydro assist and where I can get what I need.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres a great write up on jko. But basically a ram, drill bit, tap, 2 hydraulic hoses about 3 feet long, and accepts a few fittings to hook it all up. You drill and tap your stock box. Ram size is crucial when using the stock pump and box.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:58 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flexer07
Can someone give me a list of what I will need to do the DIY hydro assist and where I can get what I need.
I went with Redneck Ram, doing it later this week looks like a good kit.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
Theres a great write up on jko. But basically a ram, drill bit, tap, 2 hydraulic hoses about 3 feet long, and accepts a few fittings to hook it all up. You drill and tap your stock box. Ram size is crucial when using the stock pump and box.
I found that but I can't find the refurbished ram do I have to call to get that?
Old 01-27-2014, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

I found that but I can't find the refurbished ram do I have to call to get that?
they might not currently have one.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

You can find the rams anywhere,hoses come from a local hyd shop,google ram assist there's a lot of good write ups on here to tap your stock steer gear.Depending on what steer gear you have you may want to check with red neck off road to see if you can get the better box.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

West Texas off road red neck ram
Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 AM
JK Jedi

ive called psc and they didnt have the size i wanted. they had some that would work, but the one i wanted was discontinued. The rams the last part i need also. The newer longer stroke ones work, (i believe 1.5 x 8 but need to be internally shimmed if i recall. My local hydraulic shops i service all had a few different options also.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
ive called psc and they didnt have the size i wanted. they had some that would work, but the one i wanted was discontinued. The rams the last part i need also. The newer longer stroke ones work, (i believe 1.5 x 8 but need to be internally shimmed if i recall. My local hydraulic shops i service all had a few different options also.
I found the write up on jko but i can't seem to find the ram I dont know if I'm searching wrong are what
Old 01-27-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi

I found the write up on jko but i can't seem to find the ram I dont know if I'm searching wrong are what
I can try and look again tonight after work, i think i even had a list copied from somewhere with all the fittings and all that good stuff.

Quick Reply: Hydro assist