Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Upper CA Bushings

Old 01-27-2014, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Upper CA Bushings

Who makes good replacement bushings for the front upper control arm on the axle side?

Any write-ups or tips?

Last edited by meep97; 01-27-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Bump......
Old 01-27-2014, 09:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meep97
Bump......
Stockers? Or you running aftermarket? I always here jj's are good.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:05 AM
JK Junkie

Currie makes a kit that replaces the bushing driver and tower/bushing passenger side.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As with most questions a little more info on how you plan on using the rig would be helpful in making suggestions. Johnny joints are great joints if you are planning on a lot of off road and less on road due to the loss on cushioning that the OME rubber bushing gives. There a number of companies out there who make comparable joints and then there is also the Metal Cloak duroflex joints, they will give you a compromise between the two with a high level of mis-alignment capability with the cushioning that comes with the primarily rubber joint that is the factory unit. I'm currently running both joints in my rear lower arms, I chose them for their individual qualities; the JJs for their flex, and the MCs for the flex and some of the factory like dampening that they provide. I'm not sure if they make that specific joint for the front upper application though, you may need to call Matson and ask them if they have a solution for that. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Besides the factory clevite bushings, your only other options are JJ's for the fixed axle UCA bushings. Either the kit directly from currie, or Polyperformance's kit using JJ's.

I went with the Currie kit for their thicker passenger side replacement tower, which works will with the Artec truss.

The two JJ kits require cutting and welding. Replacing the factory requires just a press and some time.

Quick Reply: Front Upper CA Bushings