Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Grab bars question

Old 01-30-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grab bars question

So with a 2" budget boost (to be replaced by someones 2.5" lift as soon as I can figure out whos...) and 35" tires, I need some grab bars or handles that are better than what Jeep included for the wife and kids to get in (4 door). I'm looking for solidly mounted ones, so the paracord kind are not an option.

It seems like there are 3 options that I know of:

Synergy Suspension's Grab Handles, Welcome Distributing Grabars, and JK-RiGrip. I'm curious if anyone has tried both the SS Grab Handles and Grabars to compare the two. I like how the Grabars require no mods to install, but the mounting points seem like they would be putting laterial forces on the bolts that mount them, and they aren't tied to the bar at all, just the windshield frame.

Anythoughts?

Thanks!
Mike
Old 01-30-2014, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend of mine has the synergys and there nice for the front seats. I haven't tried the rears if they make them. I have the welcome distributing grabars on mine and know a few people that have them also. I would go with the grabars. They are strong and easy to install. The hardware and tie in points are capable of doing the job. Call northridge. Get a reputable point of view.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the GraBars and love them. They work great with my gauge pod. There is also another company Carolina Metal Masters that makes grab handles that look like brass knuckles.

Quick Reply: Grab bars question