Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Track bar

Old 02-01-2014, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar

Any seem to get the trackbar bolt loose, tried everything even impact, any ideas? Also what is this metal flat long thing behind the nut??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2542575380.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	528104  
Old 02-01-2014, 01:58 PM
JK Junkie

It's a flag nut, it holds the nut in place so you only need to deal with the bolt and the nut will hold itself in position. It's also a good visual indicator if your fastener has loosened up.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls
It's a flag nut, it holds the nut in place so you only need to deal with the bolt and the nut will hold itself in position. It's also a good visual indicator if your fastener has loosened up.
Thanks, any idea why the bolt isn't coming loose??
Old 02-01-2014, 02:09 PM
JK Junkie

Most likely it's rust. Get a long breaker bar on the end of your ratchet. I've had bolts that wouldn't come off with an impact that I could get off with some serious pressure on the ratchet.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls
Most likely it's rust. Get a long breaker bar on the end of your ratchet. I've had bolts that wouldn't come off with an impact that I could get off with some serious pressure on the ratchet.
Got it, thanks
Old 02-01-2014, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Did you try soaking overnight with penetrating oil? Rather than using a Chester on a ratchet, make sure you use a breaker bar and a six point socket. If you must use a cheater use it on the breaker bar.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billbikes
Did you try soaking overnight with penetrating oil? Rather than using a Chester on a ratchet, make sure you use a breaker bar and a six point socket. If you must use a cheater use it on the breaker bar.

Thanks, I used a cheater bar and it came right off. Took us 4 hours to get the crappy coil spacer out that was bolted to the frame! It had a but on top that u couldn't even put your hand to feel, idk how they put that on there.

Quick Reply: Track bar