Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

First time Death Wobble! OH NO!

Old 02-10-2014, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time Death Wobble! OH NO!

Hey guys,

First post here. I have a 09 Jeep JK Wrangler and this winter was the first time I experienced the dreaded death wobble. Took it to the dealer, where they told me it was an excess of dirt and debris in the joints that can cause it. Long story short, they rotated my tires, cleaned out the debris and filled my tire pressure. So far its stable. I haven't lifted my jeep. The only thing I have done was upgrade the tires and rims to 18". I read a lot of posts on here where the issue majority of the time is the trackbar. Should I be pro active and replace this just in case because of the wheel and tire upgrade or just ride it out? I upgraded the wheels and tires about two years ago. Last years winter, we didn't get a lot of snow but this year has been brutal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default dont argue just do it !

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...5/#post3375471 debri didn't cause the dw

and yeh get a hd track bar cant hurt

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-10-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emijes
Hey guys,

where they told me it was an excess of dirt and debris in the joints that can cause it.
If the wobble stopped when the wheels and joints were cleaned, it probably WASNT death wobble. Death wobble is another thing entirely, and is essentially the entire front end shaking uncontrollably. What you WERE feeling was most likely wobble caused by uneven tire pressures or globs of mud in your wheels (if you've been in mud lately, this is very likely). But if cleaning it out and filling the tires to proper pressure doesn't solve the issue, check out the aforementioned thread.

Quick Reply: First time Death Wobble! OH NO!