Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

10k miles service

Old 02-13-2014, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10k miles service

Going for oil change Sat morning, close to 10k miles. Should I ask for check or change something else? My dealer is charging extra $80 just for words "please check...." so I am not sure... i could go any local place besides dealer but i like them to reprogram tranny and check for any possible recalls. Should they do it anyway?

Last edited by Breitling; 02-13-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Ask and you shall receive...... To the tune of many of your hard earned dollars.

I say stay away from the stealer as much as possible. You don't need anything other than oil at 10,000 miles. Maybe the SB for your clock if it is slow like mine was.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Ask and you shall receive...... To the tune of many of your hard earned dollars.

I say stay away from the stealer as much as possible. You don't need anything other than oil at 10,000 miles. Maybe the SB for your clock if it is slow like mine was.
I think my tranny need reset, it is jerky downshifting a bit. It happened to me before on 11/Gand Cherokee with same tranny and helps for sure for a while. Anything else i could do local Mobile 1 place changing oil just fine.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They automatically check for recalls. With a brand new JK, i'd let them do oil and filter so you'll have a history. Most dealerships have a special. Look on-line for coupons and print them and take them along. Other then the oil and filter, tire rotation and those types of things will cost you. Anything you need fixed should be under warranty. Ask up front, you are under warranty. If you don't ask you may have surprises. You need to understand EVERY penny they are charging or going to charge you.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Beware if they try to sell you on differential fluid changes. Some dealers charge hundreds of dollars for this job, which is actually easier to do than changing your oil.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Beware if they try to sell you on differential fluid changes. Some dealers charge hundreds of dollars for this job, which is actually easier to do than changing your oil.

Oh man, I think I would cancel and go regular mobile one place on rt1 in Edison They are doing great job with discount.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike Davis
They automatically check for recalls. With a brand new JK, i'd let them do oil and filter so you'll have a history. Most dealerships have a special. Look on-line for coupons and print them and take them along. Other then the oil and filter, tire rotation and those types of things will cost you. Anything you need fixed should be under warranty. Ask up front, you are under warranty. If you don't ask you may have surprises. You need to understand EVERY penny they are charging or going to charge you.
I have $29.99 coupon for oil change and tire rotation, sounds very cheap, but last time as soon as I said "could you please check.." I got bill on $80 more charged to some platinum type check of my former Grand Cherokee ...
Old 02-13-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Breitling
Oh man, I think I would cancel and go regular mobile one place on rt1 in Edison They are doing great job with discount.
Nope. I do everything myself. Save so much money that way.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nope. I do everything myself. Save so much money that way.
You can't possibly do everything yourself, tranny re-program or recall should be done by the dealer. That is what I need to do.

Quick Reply: 10k miles service