Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wipers move intermittently an inch when car is off.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers move intermittently an inch when car is off.

Wipers move intermittently an inch when car is off.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased from an Aunt a 2010 jeep wrangler unlimited islander edition. When the car is off, keys out, the windshield wipers move up an inch or so randomly. I have to do something to make it happen (press the door unlock button. Open the door, close the hood, etc.). There seems to be no method behind this madness.

After searching here and other forums things point to a faulty clockspring
Sounds to me like a ground short in the Jeep somewhere but I wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks all,
Old 02-17-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

I've had mine shudder a little bit every now and again but no reason behind it. I do not have a bad clockspring or ground. I think it's rather just a random electrical pulse in the system.....similar to the horn honking when you reconnect the battery.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Hey thanks

But yeah you say every now and again but this issue is all the time. And it drives me nuts that whenever I open or close a door or press the key fob they move one inch or so up. after a couple times the wiper arms are smack in the middle of the windshield and when I turn on the jeep first thing I do is turn on and off the wipers so they return to there supposed position
Old 02-21-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

My 09 JKU did the same thing. I could not get it to do it at the dealer neither could they, so I lived with it.

Quick Reply: Wipers move intermittently an inch when car is off.