Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

i think i have another clutch problem!!!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think i have another clutch problem!!!!!

last week my jk was in the shop having the throw out bearings replaced, becuause they had that squeel sound. Now im sitting at a stop light with the clutch pressed in all the way and im hearing this duh,duh,duh,duh sound (thts the best way i can describe it) and i can feel it on the clutch pedal through my foot!!! anyone have any idea what this is, or if its normal (which i dont think it is)!?!?!?!

thanks!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:07 PM
JK Freak

Oh brother... Take it back... I am definatly going to hold off getting mine fixed for sure now. Let us know what they say.

Jeff
Old 06-10-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

everything has been absolutly awesome with this jeep except from this damn clutch!!!!! i hate to bring it back but i guess im going to have too.....
Old 06-10-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

yeah it sounds like it might not be balanced right....idk if thats even possible. but it only happens when i have the clutch fully pushed in, if i let off the clutch just a little then it goes away.....ugh......
Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got mine fixed last week and no odd clutch noises/vibrations. They did destroy the shift boot and put a nice grease stain on the pass seat though!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
JK Freak

Had to get mine fixed twice as well. The second time they broke the inner shift boot. So insted of putting a new one on, they tried to "glue" it on with silicon which never set up because of the heat. Goes back wed to get it fixed.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:48 AM
JK Freak

Damm.....i'm not going to bring mine back either.................
Old 06-12-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Silly question....how do you know if the inner boot is messed up if you can't see it?
I am picking up from service later today and want to check this before I leave the lot.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

It's very loud, grinding sound. Kinda like putting some marbles and sand in a coffee can and rolling them around. Mine was ok at first then started getting loud. I pulled the shift knob and shift boot off and when I stuck my hand in the hole to see if the inner boot had came loose, or not even put back on, I got the surprise of a hand full of black silicon. I poped it out and all of the plastic tabs that are suposed to hold it on were broken off. NICE! I believe that these are one time use parts that must be replaced as there is no good way to get them off without breaking the tabs.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Hmm OK...thx..Is this sound when shifting, or after shifting and on accel?

I have noticed a similar sound after shifting and when accelerating, usually in second or third. I tried to pull the pastic ring off the shift boot, but it felt like it would break, so I stopped.

Quick Reply: i think i have another clutch problem!!!!!