JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   SoCal (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/socal-45/)
-   -   Cajon Classic Cruise Off Road Madness: JK-Forum Special Invite! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/socal-45/cajon-classic-cruise-off-road-madness-jk-forum-special-invite-277629/)

sm_rubi 06-13-2013 11:05 AM

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/...ps91f5a700.jpg

More Event info

On July 17 JK-Forum will be featured the center of the Off Road Madness (full street closure) Cajon Cruise Night! Thanks in part to the work done by Kim (Kimbojo) :thumbsup: JK-Forum was invited to be the center stage for this years Cajon Cruise Night where the theme of the night is Off Road Madness! They want as many of our jeeps as we can deliver to be there at 3 PM to stage up and any after 4 PM would most likely need to look for parking with the rest of the crowds since people start arriving for the 5 PM start of the event. It's possible you'll be able to work your way through the barricade to get to our designated location but no guarantees so show up early if you plan to park with the group.

Once we are all staged up and on display we'll make our way to the
Downtown Cafe. My guess is we are going to own the place but being that I've only done the Crusie Nights at Grand (Escondido) I'm purely guessing. A couple of years ago we did something like this and it was a blast. At that event we owned a parking lot and had a BBQ going but this one it special because JK-Forum will be center stage!

I'm told the Off Road Madness in particular is one event normally draws a large crowd so please plan accordingly. They close the street from 5-8. Arrive early is the only advice I can give and bring your chairs!

IMPORTANT UPDATES:
(from Kimbo)
For those that plan on parking with the group, I was told that it is best to enter from the east. If you aren't familiar with El Cajon, exit from I-8 or SR 67 on Magnolia (go south), left on Park, right on Ballentyne, right on Main. The street will be closed. Just let the person at the closure know that you are with the JKForum jeep group. Dinner is at the Downtown cafe. $15 per head gets you a wristband. See me for the wristband. See you there!
Please bring cash because Kim will be collecting to make things easier for the restaurant!

The JK-Forum banner will be making it's appearance at this event. This is a new concept that some of the other IB forum's have used where they have a banner that travels around the country to the various forum events. That banner becomes the backdrop for pics showing the members from different parts of the community. We will be taking plenty of pics with our rigs and the banner maybe at this event Tomslik will wash his jeep (could be the one time you do it all year :wink:).

JK-Forum embroidery products will be offered for sale at the event please bring cash to help make things easier. We do accept Paypal too but at this time we aren't prepared for PP transactions at the events. If you would like to preorder something that can be arranged too just let me or Blue Mouse know that you want to preorder and pay by paypal.

Going:
1. sm_rubi, Blonda
2. So-Cal4x4
3. kimbojo
4. 2010jeepsport
5. just JK'n
6. Red Dog
7. JK7007
8. DesertJeep
9. harve22
10 JK Angel
11. OVRNUNDR
12. ZheGerman
13. TheDuff
14. OnBelay
15. EasyE
16. PirateJK06
17. LostGirl
18. SDBum
19. SoCalGSXR
20. Scars
21. EGalv55
22. PenysKillTheKoi
23. NewOldSchool
24. TomSlik, TomSliksChik
25. g Rock
26. mValeJK
27. ARVOps P1
28. ARVOps P2
29. willypapooh
30. Merlin75
31. JK-WRENCH
32. STORMTROOPER
33. Tim Armer
34. Matthew Mark Stevens
35. Michael Threadwell
36. JKEmmert77
37. JamesJKB
38. Sgt Mack
39. 619 JK
40. mjbjw
41. jchappies

Work Bites Coming up with a good excuse to leave early:
1. TDogg
2. JayhawkJeep

951JEEP 06-13-2013 11:14 AM

put me on the list..:rock:

Enclocal 06-13-2013 11:59 AM

Bummer, I'm leaving for Laguna Seca (MotoGP) that evening :ya:

WEB4BYN 06-13-2013 12:01 PM

kimbojo

We're in! I spoke to the Downtown Cafe, they can accomodate us. I told them 6PM. :: DOWNTOWN CAFE ::

They would like to know if we would be interested in a buffet type dinner. They said they do a great taco bar type buffet. The reasoning behind this is they are super busy that night as this is the busiest of "cruise Wednesdays". It will allow them to feed our large group in a timely fashion.

Let me know.

2010jeepsport 06-13-2013 12:14 PM

I'll ask for the day off today so it should be good for me.

Blonda 06-13-2013 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kimbojo (Post 3585623)
We're in! I spoke to the Downtown Cafe, they can accomodate us. I told them 6PM. :: DOWNTOWN CAFE ::

They would like to know if we would be interested in a buffet type dinner. They said they do a great taco bar type buffet. The reasoning behind this is they are super busy that night as this is the busiest of "cruise Wednesdays". It will allow them to feed our large group in a timely fashion.

Let me know.

Sounds good to me Kim :D

TDogg 06-13-2013 02:07 PM

I'm always down for a buffet! But I'm a maybe for the stage, depending on if I can get off work before 3.

JayhawkJeep 06-13-2013 02:30 PM

Will try to get off early. Put me down as probably.

sm_rubi 06-13-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by TDogg (Post 3585773)
I'm always down for a buffet! But I'm a maybe for the stage, depending on if I can get off work before 3.

Originally Posted by JayhawkJeep (Post 3585803)
Will try to get off early. Put me down as probably.

You guys should come regardless but be there by no later than 4 PM if you want to park inside the event otherwise we'll try to get you in and worst case you'd park on one of the streets and join us for dinner and a :beer:

sick jk 06-13-2013 02:46 PM

I will be there!!!!! Sounds fun