JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   SoCal (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/socal-45/)
-   -   JeepSWAG Winter Run - Afton Canyon Like you've never seen it before Jan. 11th - 13th. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/socal-45/jeepswag-winter-run-afton-canyon-like-youve-never-seen-before-jan-11th-13th-256142/)

Woods 01-06-2013 07:02 PM

JZ2DRJK and zig650,

Can you each bring two bundles of firewood. I'll bring two and will ask Harry to bring a couple also.

I'm also still looking for a volunteer to bring cornbread.

zig650 01-07-2013 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Woods (Post 3369224)
JZ2DRJK and zig650,

Can you each bring two bundles of firewood. I'll bring two and will ask Harry to bring a couple also.

I'm also still looking for a volunteer to bring cornbread.

Firewoods not a problem, I have about 6 cords at the house I'd be more than happy to bring. For planning purposes the wife and I are planning to leave sometime saturday evening, unfortunately we wont be staying for the whole weekend. But that being said, I just mounted a lowrance HDS-5 gps in my rig and maybe able to lead a group back to pavement if necessary.

Woods 01-07-2013 08:35 AM

The plan for the end of Saturday is;

We will wheel the Southern Rim. Once we get beyond the Southern Rim (about 3:00 - at a decent pace it takes a couple hours to get back to the hwy) the group camping turns right for dinner and camp. The group leaving, turns left and back out through the Canyon. If you wanted to join us at camp and have some dinner, you'd be welcome to. We will even be doing a night run after dinner. As long as we have two group leaders for Saturday, there can be two different groups of people leaving. Just depends on how long of a day people want to have.'

And thanks for the firewood!

Originally Posted by zig650 (Post 3369737)
Firewoods not a problem, I have about 6 cords at the house I'd be more than happy to bring. For planning purposes the wife and I are planning to leave sometime saturday evening, unfortunately we wont be staying for the whole weekend. But that being said, I just mounted a lowrance HDS-5 gps in my rig and maybe able to lead a group back to pavement if necessary.

Woods 01-07-2013 11:19 AM

Hi Harry,

Great to see you on here again.

I've got a portable oven for warming the bread.

Couple of bundles of firewood would be great.

Originally Posted by StaunUSAInc (Post 3369919)
Hey guys - just checking in! (haven't been around since 2009) We can tackle the cornbread (made at home) but don't have a system for warming it back up in the field if that is desired...? Is firewood handled or should we grab a bundle or two? For us it's a no on a free seat -- we took all of the rear seats out.... Looking forward to meeting all of you and getting out into some fresh air!

4WDProf 01-07-2013 03:48 PM

name change

Reposting as '4WDProf' -- got our StaunUSA name changed and noticed the process made my prev post disappear....

SaFFFari 01-08-2013 07:55 AM

Anyone bringing kids? Debating whether I wanna take mine, or if I should just leave them home. They are 6,9,10. They have done Glamis, and John bull and pismo. They like all three... I'm sure they'd love this also.. But would probably be slightly bored if they were the only kids.

SaFFFari 01-08-2013 08:20 AM

Btw- I'm in for Saturday (for sure)

Woods 01-08-2013 08:28 AM

I'm bringing Brandon and Ella - eight and five.

We will be doing several short hikes and getting some good time outside the Jeep. I'm sure they'll have a blast.

Originally Posted by SaFFFari (Post 3371194)
Anyone bringing kids? Debating whether I wanna take mine, or if I should just leave them home. They are 6,9,10. They have done Glamis, and John bull and pismo. They like all three... I'm sure they'd love this also.. But would probably be slightly bored if they were the only kids.

JZ2DRJK 01-08-2013 09:01 AM

Hey Brian I'm bringing mj and miklo. They'll have fun on the hike. Brett I'm only a Saturday now. Have to work Friday evening and Sunday morning. One of the guys here at work got hurt so we have to take his spots.

SaFFFari 01-08-2013 09:07 AM

Thanx for the replies... I'll ask the kids when they get home from school. I'm sure Lizzy will say yes.. I think victor will probably wanna stay home ... Damn pre-teens and their video games.. Whatever happened to the days of riding bikes and building forts.