Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Sentri key copy

Old 10-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Sentri key copy

Looking for a shop that does a sentri key copy with remote start. Anyone know of anything in the OC area? The dealer wants $225 per key or something crazy like that.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You can buy the blank key and have anyone cut it. I bought my key from eBay years ago and had Home Depot cut it (free). Took it out in the parking lot and did the key dance with the other two keys and it works like any other key.

Failing to do the key dance with 2 known good keys will result in a non starting 3rd key.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

you can try a locksmith shop
Old 10-10-2018, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
You can buy the blank key and have anyone cut it. I bought my key from eBay years ago and had Home Depot cut it (free). Took it out in the parking lot and did the key dance with the other two keys and it works like any other key.

Failing to do the key dance with 2 known good keys will result in a non starting 3rd key.
This is what I did as well. I went so far as to make three extras for a total of five. I keep two keys as masters in my key box so I can always program a replacement. I believe you can have a total of eight programmed keys.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

I tried to do this myself. Read a different post on here and got the key off of amazon. I was unable to get it to program.

In addition how does it work with the remote start? Would I just need to buy the correct key that has the extra buttons for the remote start?
Old 10-12-2018, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
I tried to do this myself. Read a different post on here and got the key off of amazon. I was unable to get it to program.

In addition how does it work with the remote start? Would I just need to buy the correct key that has the extra buttons for the remote start?
I used this site and my remote start works... you plug in your vehicle make, model, year and it gives you the options for the keys that work with your year.

http://www.yourkeylessremote.com/
Old 10-13-2018, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jedg
I used this site and my remote start works... you plug in your vehicle make, model, year and it gives you the options for the keys that work with your year.

http://www.yourkeylessremote.com/
But then I would still have to program it myself right? I'm having difficulty doing that step. I can't tell if it's because I got a bad key off amazon or if I'm doing it wrong ect....

I do have a brand new WCM maybe it's been updated so I can't do this? I have two working keys that both can start the vehicle and alarm and remote start it. I follow the instructions but can't get it to program. Anyone know of a video that actually shows the correct non simulated process for an 07-11 model? They all might even be the same.

Last edited by EHarris; 10-13-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Bump to the top

Quick Reply: Sentri key copy